Thread: G Code RTI vs Safariland QLS - which one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

G Code RTI vs Safariland QLS - which one?

I could use some input.

I have SL holsters (and will be using them) / realize I can go with either G Code or SL QLS / it *looks* like they do the same thing, have the same capabilities yet the just solve the puzzle differently than each other / cost is about the same.

Is there a reason to go with one system over another?

TIA

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had Safariland holsters and their QLS/MLS and eventually ditched it in favour of G-Code's RTI. The RTI system has less parts, much quicker and simpler to use, and if my memory serves me correctly, is also lighter and less bulkier.

Now, I have not used either in some extended "operational" environment. Only in classes, range days, etc. So take that for what it's worth, but my preference is very much for the RTI.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I swapped over to RTI because of how universal it is. Several brands and custom places are using RTI, while Safariland is basically the only one using the Safariland attachments.

To add RTI has more options and is a bit simpler.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agree with everything above. It's less bulky, easier to use, and so far, tough as nails. RTI got it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i would say get an als holster. it's faster than any hooded holster.

http://www.holsterops.com/cutdown-7ts-paddle-light

also with this holster from safariland you don't need to buy a bunch of different holsters for different gun and light configurations. they all fit the same holster.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    G-Code hands down. Their hood system is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I found my Safariland setup much cheaper and quicker than I can the RTI, or I'd be G-CODE all the way - and still probably will before long. I have my RTI belt slide from when I ran a Glock XST, and as soon as I get around to trading it for a duty slide and having a P226 XST made, I'll switch.

RTI is a much simpler, lighter system IMO, but there's just not a lot on the market beyond Glock - especially SIG.

ETA: I really do like the Safariland line. I continue to use their stuff and have no complaints.
    Last edited by MM OneSix; 05-21-15 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What are you using it for?

Safariland has the market cornered on durability with a retention holster. I've had three over ten years and only reason I got a new holster is because I changed guns for duty work.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have several Safariland ALS holsters and I've never found them to be slow, heavy, or lacking. I guess the argument could be made that utilizing the QLS system adds a small amount of bulk.

It also made my decision easier that G-Code doesn't appear to offer holsters for the Walther PPQ. They offer them for the P99, but I'm not sure if that would work or not.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    My SOC-C holster for a G22 pulled right out at the 3 screws that attach the RTI hanger when I drew without the leg strap on a RTI duty mount. G-codes customer service was outstanding and they had it back to me in 6 days, but I sold it after that. Just couldn't trust it anymore.

Their RTI universal hanger for the Safariland Holsters are much more sturdier on the ALS holster I now have. Been using them for about 6 months now without issue.