Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Square off against the target/aggressor?`

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    I think the last part where he mentions getting out to the range and figuring it out for you works best, I also go with a stance based of the Marine Corps principles, however I have incorporated some of the more modern techniques to the weapon I am shooting. Not quite Magpul Dynamics Costa Style, but not too far from it. It works for me, and while if I end up on a battlefield (we've probably lost the war by that point) I might have to modify it for accuracy, speed, stability, etc... But for what I do to hit the target consistently, well it works
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    Good info. And while I understand the reasoning behind wanting to plant the rear foot (i.e. open the toes), the way I learned, was to ease into shooting on the move. As I tried his "open toe" stance, I see that pointing both feet toward the target was never necessary as you naturally transition into steps without really thinking about it.

On that note, I'm still more squared up with a pistol only because I shoot with in a pretty isosceles stance.
    Last edited by echo5whiskey; 04-18-15 at 03:35.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The "you'll square up to the threat, drop your center of Gravity, and raise your hands to protect your head" has been preached in defensive tactics circles since the mid 90s at least. It's seen heavily in material such as Tony Blauer's SPEAR and Geoff Thompson's fence material. Reality is more like: center of gravity drops, hands come up, and you turn to face the threat.....being like Sponge Bob never quite happens.

At work I tend to keep a slightly bladed stance in those times where everything is static. I tend to go with what is most functional for me and I don't care to depend on the accuracy capability of any potential opponents

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123