Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First M4 purchase?

Feedback Score

Cool First M4 purchase?

I'm new to the M4 platform. But not to the M16 I was first issued many moons ago. My choices are the Colt 6920. LMT defender or maybe LWRC. Don't know to much about LWRC. Don't remember where I read about them. I' want the 16" Barrel with 1:7. Plus which stock should I buy and grip to add later. Thanks for your help. Great site. Lots of very good input.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score

Thumbs up LM&T my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberM4 View Post
    I'm new to the M4 platform. But not to the M16 I was first issued many moons ago. My choices are the Colt 6920. LMT defender or maybe LWRC. Don't know to much about LWRC. Don't remember where I read about them. I' want the 16" Barrel with 1:7. Plus which stock should I buy and grip to add later. Thanks for your help. Great site. Lots of very good input.
    I sure don't think you can go wrong buying a Lewis Machine&Tool Defender 2000. If you go with the Defender I would get the LM&T SOPMOD it's really tight quality buttstock.

Feedback Score
    Greetings and Welcome aboard the M4C!

The links that Thekatar posted above, contain rich sources of information for anyone looking into the AR-15/M4 platform. Lots of reading and learning. . .

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Everything depends on what you want the rifle to do.
    So what do you want it to do?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbineoholic View Post
    Everything depends on what you want the rifle to do.
    So what do you want it to do?
    Ok his choices were " Colt 6920. LMT defender or maybe LWRC. " So just what can one do better then the other?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    Ok his choices were " Colt 6920. LMT defender or maybe LWRC. " So just what can one do better then the other?
    The M4 that I buy will have lots of Range time. Plus be reliable when needed. No hunting except for Libs. Which is now open. Plus be able to change barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberM4 View Post
    The M4 that I buy will have lots of Range time. Plus be reliable when needed. No hunting except for Libs. Which is now open. Plus be able to change barrels.
    You can change the barrels out on all of them. Only LMT makes a platform that is specifically designed to quickly change out barrels, the MRP. This feature comes at a steep price though. Do you really forsee a need to swap barrels around a lot? If not you might just want to get a couple different length uppers.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for pointing that out. Changing the upper will be better.

Feedback Score
    When buying the 6920 or LM&T defender. Is it wise to buy Match trigger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast