Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FN Military Collector Series (M4 and M16A4)

Feedback Score
    There is nothing that alludes to the fact that, besides a Matech sights, KAC RAS rails, UID labels, and pinned A2 on the 14.5, these rifles are any different than the non-TDP carbine and rifle currently offered. Much ado about nothing. Simply marketing. I'll stick to Colt and BCM.

It will be interesting to hear Grant's view on these, once he's handled a copy.
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 04-14-15 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The SAW would be neat but I can't afford to feed it with links and ammo.
    Well, now that the Magpul D-60 is on the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bt...ature=youtu.be

I like occasionally firing a real SAW at work, but for personal use, I see no benefit of spending $7K on a semi-auto one other than for collecting (which isn't worth the price for me). However, I'd be interested in an FN M16A4, which I carried briefly in Iraq, if it's up to spec, since I don't have a full-sized rifle.

Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'de be interested in the m16a4. Never have had a fullsized ar.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    GI roll marks, I asked about that feature specifically with an FN exec when handling the guns.
    That's awesome.

I want an A4, very badly. I'll buy one whenever they are released, as long as they are not outrageously priced ($2,500) I'm not buying it for TDP compliance. It could have a 1:9 non-CL barrel for all I care. This is about the nostalgic value for me.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That's awesome.

I want an A4, very badly. I'll buy one whenever they are released, as long as they are not outrageously priced ($2,500) I'm not buying it for TDP compliance. It could have a 1:9 non-CL barrel for all I care. This is about the nostalgic value for me.
    I hope we'll see these under $1500.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RamadiDoorkicker View Post
    I have to agree. I have developed a love/hate relationship with the M249 after relying on her in a couple dozen firefights. Why would anyone want to shoot this best on semi-auto? Kinda defeats the purpose of it being an Automatic weapon, right?
    People are doing fairly well with bump fire stocks, especially when firing from a bipod. If one is willing to put in time and money into training, I'm guessing you could get reasonably close to the full auto experience.
    Last edited by Chatterbox; 04-15-15 at 14:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That's awesome.

This is primarily the purpose for FN coming out with these. They will be the closest thing to a real M16A4 as a civilian can get. The primary differences are the lower receivers and the FCGs. Of course, the civilian legal FN M16A4 has a semi-auto lower receiver and FCG. Everything else is the same. Although I already have an A4 build in my collection, I would love to add the FN M16A4 to it.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apart from the roll mark, Colt already makes an M16A4 clone that follows the TDP. Something I wouldn't expect from FN.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Apart from the roll mark, Colt already makes an M16A4 clone that follows the TDP. Something I wouldn't expect from FN.
    Cant find any anymore that arent magpul'ed out, if Im gonna buy a copy of a service rifle its not gonna be full of MOE crap. Just look at gunbroker for whats available, nothing but colt/magpul rifles...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ar15a4
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 04-15-15 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Cant find any anymore that arent magpul'ed out, if Im gonna buy a copy of a service rifle its not gonna be full of MOE crap. Just look at gunbroker for whats available, nothing but colt/magpul rifles...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ar15a4
    They make them in batches. They'll be back. I'll take a Colt over that FN, any day.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast