Thread: Old vs. New Form 1

Feedback Score

Old vs. New Form 1

I'm planning on submitting a Form 1 to build an SBR as an individual. The earlier intentions were to do a trust. So I signed up to e-file. In the end, I opted to just do it as an individual. So I logged into my E-file account, downloaded the Form 1 PDF and filled it out. Now I see that there is a newer version of the Form 1. Do I need to use the newer version or will they accept the one I printed from the E-file system?

I did search for this topic and couldn't find anything. I'm not real sure why they would refuse this form since it's from their site and more specifically the e-file system. It isn't a big deal to get the CLEO signature again. But just wondering if anyone has had one rejected under similar circumstances.

Feedback Score
    Also the little bit of digging I did and found some info, seems like it might be ok. This is from the ATF site:

" With a submission of the revised Form 1, the submission of Form 5330.20 will not be required. This revision was also requested by the industry."
    https://www.atf.gov/content/Firearms...d-atf-form-5-0

To me, that reads the old Form 1 is alright, but the 5330.20 is needed which I filled out anyway not knowing there was a revised form.

Feedback Score
    I would think you're OK. The new form adds the Cert of Compliance questions, so there's no need to fill one out seperately. It also gives you the ability to pay by CC. Take note...the old one goes to WV while the new one goes to GA.

The new one is also a pain because it's 3 pages. To print it in duplicate, you have to do it manually. They have each page twice in the PDF, but the second page 1 prints on the back of the first page 3. Stupid design.

Feedback Score
    Well, we shall see. I'm sending it all in tomorrow. If they send it back, I'll update the thread so people know to not print the e-form one and use the revised one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So to print/submit I'm assuming?

Duplicate two sided P1/P2 (like before?)

Then single sided P3 (Payment?)

Duplicates of P3 required? I'll try to call Thursday unless someone has heard .

And last disregard P7,8,9 like before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kknick View Post
    So to print/submit I'm assuming?

Duplicate two sided P1/P2 (like before?)

Then single sided P3 (Payment?)

Duplicates of P3 required? I'll try to call Thursday unless someone has heard .

And last disregard P7,8,9 like before.

Ok........That has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Old vs. New Form 1

Quote Originally Posted by Etho View Post
    Ok........That has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.
    You answered your own question in post #2. And I just confirmed with NFA Branch.

Also no duplicate or double sided for payment P3.

Might as well have it locked so no other discussions takes place.

jk

Last edited by kknick; 04-16-15 at 10:56.