Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen a set up like this?

Feedback Score
    Those suppressed AR's look like an easyway for someone to shoot their own hand/fingers off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A2_Tanker View Post
    Those suppressed AR's look like an easyway for someone to shoot their own hand/fingers off.
    Why?

Feedback Score
    Look at the guy 3rd from the left. A stumple, Stuggle, mis-step, or whatever and his hand is only at the most 2 inches from inadvertently slidding off the end hand guard.
    Maybe it would/has never happen(ed), who knows but that was my first thought when I looked at the photo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess what I don't understand is, what keeps that from happening with any other SBR? Or with this?

Feedback Score
    These guys look like "tards" with those things. Everyone one in the chain of command straight to the Mayor must be one. I bet their swat vehicle is a clown car. I sure hope they have updated their arms room since that pic was taken....

Quote Originally Posted by 5POINT56 View Post
    If you think that photo's odd......this should drop your jaw.

And no, this is not a joke...it was taken from the.....Tazewell municipal site.

Clearly this department could benefit from The Chart. My 1st reaction is to laugh out loud, but in all seriousness it's really not funny.

If a budget is slim, I understand...but there is simply no good reason to outfit any tactical team with such nonsense.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    http://www.stluciesheriff.com/photos...Various_26.jpg

Check out the setup on what looks like a pistol caliber AR. The 2nd & 3rd guy from the left are carrying a very odd setup. Seems like the fore grip covers the full length of the barrel.

I know you guys have seen a lot around here. Thought I'd post it and see what you guys think.

Brad
    those are Colt SMG 9mm w\ suppressor under the HGs, as already said, in DEA configuration.
    I've read they were quieter than MP5SD
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    With the handguards semingly ''cut off'' and the ''feel'' of the handguard being consistant the length of it. There just isnt any reference points to locate your hand. The other rifles have a sight tower,bayo lug ect. (Like a do not touch here sign) That one could subconsciously use as a referance point. I'm not talking about being at a range and shooting yourself, more or less in an engagement, shooting on the move, low light where your mind isnt really focusing on Proper shooting stance/hold ect. In the heat of the moment it would seem (TO ME) rather easy to not notice your finger close to the muzzle and at the least get burned. I have gotten burned before on a revolver not realizing my finger was near the cylinder gap. I hope I'm not the only one

I guess an example would be on a pistol, If they were just squared off from grip to the rear of the slide, and didnt protrude past your hand on the rear of the slide, you could potentially injure yourself when firing the weapon by having your hand in the path of the slide. The curves, finger grooves,ect tell you how to hold the weapon.

DUMB Observation, I KNOW! But you forced me to elaborate making it seem an even stupier obervation (Small talk) Please tell me you understand WHAT I was saying...rather than if you agree or not No offence intended.

Feedback Score
    Are those laser pointers attached to the bottom of the barrels?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Kudoes to the two guys willing to squat down there with the muzzle pointing at their head.

Feedback Score
    rob_s: I see how that could be a problem on the MP5's atleast. I have one of the clones and SBR'd it. Unless i pay attention i have caught my hand creeping up to the barrel. I have thought about putting on a vertical grip or the surefire forend just to have a hand stop. Im sure its like everything else where training helps with the issue though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast