Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD9 Service

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Springfield Armory XD9 Service

Picked up my first handgun last night. After comparing to some of the competitors, I selected the XD9 Service based off of comfort, offerings, reliability and price. A few things is like to point out:

Grip: really like the grip more than a G19, as I like a full purchase and not a finger hanging off. It also feels more natural to me to grab than the competitors as well.

Sights: while they might not be night sights, they are steel which is good in te fact that I won't need to change them out right away in the event that I had to manipulate the slide one handed. The glock also has a plastic? Guide rod?

Price: sure, the G19 was $150 more but I was able to get an extra mag, a fobus paddle holster (SB11) and an uncle mikes (size 16) and 100 rounds of ammo for the price the LGS had on the G19. Holsters may not have been top choice but I'm new to hand guns so they are enough to get me started.

Ill be making a shooters log that keeps up round count as well as failures, ftf's, fte's, accuracy, brand, grain, all of the details. I'll make the first range trip next week and give an update. In sure most of you guys know enough about the XD/HS family to probably tune out.

I did purchase some ammo for carry, Federal HST Tactical 147gr. +P. I'll let you guys know how that works as well.

If you have recommendations as far as sights, holsters, trigger, anything shy of selling it (GLOCK GUYS!!!) post up and let me know why.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 04-17-15 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It's an XD, not an XDm correct?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpoe88 View Post
    Picked up my first handgun last night. After comparing to some of the competitors, I selected the XD9 Service based off of comfort, offerings, reliability and price. A few things is like to point out:

Grip: really like the grip more than a G19, as I like a full purchase and not a finger hanging off. It also feels more natural to me to grab than the competitors as well.

Sights: while they might not be night sights, they are steel which is good in te fact that I won't need to change them out right away in the event that I had to manipulate the slide one handed. The glock also has a plastic? Guide rod?

Price: sure, the G19 was $150 more but I was able to get an extra mag, a fobus paddle holster (SB11) and an uncle mikes (size 16) and 100 rounds of ammo for the price the LGS had on the G19. Holsters may not have been top choice but I'm new to hand guns so they are enough to get me started.

Ill be making a shooters log that keeps up round count as well as failures, ftf's, fte's, accuracy, brand, grain, all of the details. I'll make the first range trip next week and give an update. In sure most of you guys know enough about the XD/HS family to probably tune out.

I did purchase some ammo for carry, Federal HST Tactical 147gr. +P. I'll let you guys know how that works as well.

If you have recommendations as far as sights, holsters, trigger, anything shy of selling it (GLOCK GUYS!!!) post up and let me know why.
    You won't find much XD love here, for good reason. But congrats anyway. Hopefully it will give you no worries.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pm me why, I'm not looking to start a debate, just my curiosity.

Oh and yes, it's an XD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats! I'm one of the few weirdos here who has an XD and shoots it regularly. There are plenty of threads with XD hate, so no need to rehash it yet again.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Congrats! I'm one of the few weirdos here who has an XD and shoots it regularly. There are plenty of threads with XD hate, so no need to rehash it yet again.

Picked up bulk ammo from a local guy. 250 rounds mixed assortment. Will sort out and get some range time and data. Looking forward to sharing my findings!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well I hope you arent using it as a carry gun. Good luck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Well I hope you arent using it as a carry gun. Good luck
    I am.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 04-18-15 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh what's your carry gun?
    Don't take the bait. Just be aware that a lot of guys on here have a rabid hatred for anything XD.

Looking forward to your range findings.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 04-18-15 at 08:55.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Pm me why, I'm not looking to start a debate, just my curiosity.

Oh and yes, it's an XD
    Congratulations on your XD. A well made, accurate and reliable handgun. Now, find a better place to have a decent discussion about them. Enjoy your XD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast