Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kryptik or Sitka Camo?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kryptik or Sitka Camo?

Anyone have any experience with either of the above camo systems. I'm looking into waterfowl and deer hunting use.

Feedback Score
    Maybe print out a picture of each pattern and bring it to where you hunt? See what works best. Every region is different. I know my Kryptek Highlander suit is only relevant to like 3 acres of the 100 acre parcel I hunt on... And even then, depending on the time of year, it may or may not be useful.

Edit* - I've used this a few times when looking at different patterns... http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camo-...ide/532044.uts
    Last edited by skijunkie55; 11-19-14 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Skijunkie, man I hunt and I frequent Cabelas often but damn that's a lot of camo patterns. I think the Sitka waterfowl would work well, plus where we deer hunt its slug only and you do a lot of drives and spend a lot of time in grass and marsh areas.

If anyone else has anything I'm all ears, or eyes I guess in this case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I mainly deer and turkey hunt so I use just a couple different patterns, spring turkey and early bow season for deer are the same conditions in my areas I hunt. Everything is still green. As the season moves on trees are bare and everything is more brown, so I mainly use two different camo patterns accordingly. For deer drives you have a driver/drivers and poster/posters, you are intentionally pushing deer and making them aware of your presence be it by sight, smell, or sound to steer in a direction to get the guys posted up a shot. I don't worry so much about camo on a deer drive situation.

Just adapt to your surroundings and you'll be fine.

Deer drives... that's where marksmanship comes more into play as they are usually a moving target that is already alarmed.

Sounds like you'll be fine with Sitka.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've worn both. I'd be much more concerned with the types of materials and the specific build of the garment you're looking at (like which specific pant you need for whatever season you'll be hunting..all are built differently). Pattern is just personal preference and more than likely wont have an impact on anything.

Don't forget about Kuiu...
    Last edited by J-Dub; 11-20-14 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    I've worn both. I'd be much more concerned with the types of materials and the specific build of the garment you're looking at (like which specific pant you need for whatever season you'll be hunting..all are built differently). Pattern is just personal preference and more than likely wont have an impact on anything.

Don't forget about Kuiu...
    Yea, don't buy cheap stuff that rips or tears easily and zippers and buttons that fall off or break.
    You'll be doing it all over again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am all about they method of buy once, cry once. My original hunting parka is pushing 13 years of service, its a canvas like material that is heavy not as warm as it should be but the darn thing won't die. I know both will have high quality material that will last years.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    I mainly deer and turkey hunt so I use just a couple different patterns, spring turkey and early bow season for deer are the same conditions in my areas I hunt. Everything is still green. As the season moves on trees are bare and everything is more brown, so I mainly use two different camo patterns accordingly. For deer drives you have a driver/drivers and poster/posters, you are intentionally pushing deer and making them aware of your presence be it by sight, smell, or sound to steer in a direction to get the guys posted up a shot. I don't worry so much about camo on a deer drive situation.

Just adapt to your surroundings and you'll be fine.

Deer drives... that's where marksmanship comes more into play as they are usually a moving target that is already alarmed.

Sounds like you'll be fine with Sitka.

Especially if you standing in the bed of you pick up trunk on the road !
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Especially if you standing in the bed of you pick up trunk on the road !
    LOL! Good one Isn't that illegal?
    Last edited by MBtech; 11-22-14 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Camo really doesn't matter much. The animals don't dee color the same. Your best bet is not to move. Movement gives you away to deer. Also learn to play wind and be quiet. The noise clothing makes is more important than pattern.

Hell, most deer are killed by people wearing fluorescent orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast