Quote Originally Posted by ArmedSuspect View Post
i guess that if only milspec will cut it i need to rethink my life. i'll start by sending back my SS barrels because it's not parkerized under the FSB.

seriously, milspec don't mean all that much. did you think that the milspec jungle boot was the best thing ever? my feet still hurt thinking about them. what about the milspec HMMWV seats? there is a fine piece of comfort. did you run out and buy them for your new toyota? chow hall food is milspec too and state side it blows chunks, let alone what you get when your deployed. i don't try to find a place to eat that has that crap "cause it's what the Marines eat". oh, and BCG's are milspec. ever know a guy who got action while wearing them?

the military has given us lots of great things but that's not to say that the private sector can't do it better. the "hype" that colt is the best thing ever made just don't hold water with me. i'm not trying to say it's junk, i know it's not, it costs too much but it's not junk. i just like to spend my hard earned cash on better products.

true i will never buy a factory Bushmaster ever again, i can build a much better rifle tuned for MY wants and needs. for most folks Bushy is a great product and holds up well over time.

I think Grant and Iraq pretty much covered it, but...

Jungle boots may not be the best boots goin, but real mil spec boots are far better then the cheap asian manufactured crap jungle boots out there. ( I wore nothing but Jungles back in the day, even in the snow)

Humvee seats may not be the best seats around, but they are made to a standard, don't know who the seat equivlent to BM is, but I'm sure they wouldn't hold up.

I think you see my point.

BTW, I worked for yet naother company that was the recipient of BM "quality".

Bob