Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Maglite has decided to join the 21st century

Feedback Score

So Maglite has decided to join the 21st century

Looks like Maglite finally realized how lacking their flashlights were and decided to step their game up.

ML300XL 625 Lumens:
    http://maglite.com/shop/maglite-3-ce...l#.VTKE-eDD8v4

MAG-TAC handheld 320 lumens:
    http://maglite.com/shop/flashlights/...l#.VTKGU-DD8v4

Anybody here tried one of these out yet? They look interesting.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gee whiz, I hope the street prices are more reasonable. The ML300 might be fine for the home and car, you could use it for a small noggin whacker in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Gee whiz, I hope the street prices are more reasonable. The ML300 might be fine for the home and car, you could use it for a small noggin whacker in a pinch.
    I thought the price seemed pretty reasonable for what it is. I just wish manufacturers would slow down with these multifunction lights that are controlled by toggling through with the switch. If they have to do that limiting it to a high and low function would be preferable. The ability to adjust the beam focus is something I really liked about the old mag lights and its nice to see they kept this. I bought a Streamlight Ultastinger in 2006 when they were kind of the brightest flashlight in their style and eventually put an LED bulb in it. While its really bright and a lot more rugged than the incandescent, it's all throw. The beam is so narrow that it kind of sucks on traffic stops for lighting up the interior. This actually has me interested. I wonder how you set which activity function its on.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, your thread title had me . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I thought the price seemed pretty reasonable for what it is. I just wish manufacturers would slow down with these multifunction lights that are controlled by toggling through with the switch. If they have to do that limiting it to a high and low function would be preferable. The ability to adjust the beam focus is something I really liked about the old mag lights and its nice to see they kept this. I bought a Streamlight Ultastinger in 2006 when they were kind of the brightest flashlight in their style and eventually put an LED bulb in it. While its really bright and a lot more rugged than the incandescent, it's all throw. The beam is so narrow that it kind of sucks on traffic stops for lighting up the interior. This actually has me interested. I wonder how you set which activity function its on.
    Both can be had for less than 60$:

ML300XL:
    http://www.amazon.com/Maglite-ML300L...YBZ5P5CK444DVN

MAG-TAC:
    http://www.amazon.com/MagLite-Mag-Ta...words=maglight

My 2C maglite has a Malkoff device in it and it is phenomenal so I don't really need a new maglite but these do have me interested. Especially the little MAG-TAC one.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    OP, your thread title had me . . .
    Let's face it, Surefire and Streamlight along with all the others have been kicking their ass for years it's about time they decided to join the LED party.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm digging the looks of the ml300xl

Feedback Score
    Cool! I've always been partial to Maglite's 3 Cell D-Size Battery series of Flashlights. I have a couple modified ones bought back in the days on CPF. Now I can simply get one of these to try and see.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Let's face it, Surefire and Streamlight along with all the others have been kicking their ass for years it's about time they decided to join the LED party.
    I still have plenty of Maglites left over from the days before Surefire and Streamlight. The light I have for my wife's nightstand is their 2-Cell C light due to the diameter and her small hands. I replaced the old incandescent bulb with an LED engine and all is well. I still have Minis, 2-Cell D's, 3-Cell D's setting around collecting dust as I have moved on to about a dozen different Surefire and Streamlight handhelds and weapon lights.

This thread reminded me of some cool pics from back in the day . . .

SAS Troopers kick'n it Olde School!

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 04-21-15 at 05:26. Reason: typo
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Cool! I've always been partial to Maglite's 3 Cell D-Size Battery series of Flashlights. I have a couple modified ones bought back in the days on CPF. Now I can simply get one of these to try and see.
    I'd love a 5 or 6 cell light with that kind of output. Not only would you be able to temporarily blind an attacker but also give them a concussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I still have plenty of Maglites left over from the days before Surefire and Streamlight. The light I have for my wife's nightstand is their 2-Cell C light due to the diameter and her small hands. I replaced the old incandescent bulb with an LED engine and all is well. I still have Minis, 2-Cell D's, 3-Cell D's setting around collecting dust as I have moved on to about a dozen different Surefire and Streamlight handhelds and weapon lights.
    If you haven't already done so I highly recommend you check out Malkoff devices for your regular maglites and Terralux for your mini mags.

Malkoff:
    http://www.malkoffdevices.com/drop-i...o-fit-mag-lite

Terralux:
    http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLE-5...nistar+extreme

Those are both way better than anything Nightize has to offer.
    -Fjallhrafn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast