Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed 6.8 and .308 won't cycle subsonic rounds... I've tried the normal fixes

Feedback Score

Suppressed 6.8 and .308 won't cycle subsonic rounds... I've tried the normal fixes

Can't get these damn guns to cycle subsonic rounds when suppressed. Even with the adjustable gas blocks all the way open the bolts barely budge, even with low mass carriers. I'm stumped. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin1 View Post
    Can't get these damn guns to cycle subsonic rounds when suppressed. Even with the adjustable gas blocks all the way open the bolts barely budge, even with low mass carriers. I'm stumped. Suggestions?
    This is why 300 blackout is soo popular. You are never going to get 6.8 or 308 top cycle 100% reliable with subs.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Use 308 subs in your bolt gun, and make your semi autos 300 BLK.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Why would a 300 blackout and a 308 perform any differently? Its the same bullet and theoretically in a subsonic round there would be the same amount of powder, or atleast force, pushing that bullet right?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Why would a 300 blackout and a 308 perform any differently? Its the same bullet and theoretically in a subsonic round there would be the same amount of powder, or atleast force, pushing that bullet right?
    Nope.
    I'll give more detail later when I have time.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No. Different BCG weights for starters. An AR15 and AR10 are vastly different in some critical aspects, but I'll defer to Failure2Stop for specifics.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Forgot about carrier weight.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    300blk seems to work well with pistol gas systems. Can you setup a 308 or 6.8 AR with a similar gas port location? Sorry, just thinking out loud!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    There's a balance between powder burn, port location, port size, and reciprocating mass.

You will not be able to get anything other than .300 Blk type factors to work with subsonic unsuppressed and supersonic suppressed without significant changes to the system.

The advice above is solid.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    There's a balance between powder burn, port location, port size, and reciprocating mass.

You will not be able to get anything other than .300 Blk type factors to work with subsonic unsuppressed and supersonic suppressed without significant changes to the system.

The advice above is solid.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    But wait, I'm not trying to run subsonic unsuppressed. I'm trying to run subsonic rounds with a suppressor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast