Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raptor Malfuntions... Anyone else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I've got a few Raptors in use, one Rainier, the rest are AXTS's. I know there was some internet noise last year about fake Raptor's, so I was sure to buy from a trusted dealer (as others have stated, botach doesn't really fall into that category). The giveaway was supposed to be the roll pins, but yours look correct. Anyway, no issues so far for me, not sure on round count but certainly not 5k yet, so haven't run into the issues mentioned on TOS. Not sure about gen1/gen2, to be honest I didn't know there were different generations and I'm having a hard time telling the difference in the pics, but I'll check mine out.
    Gen 1- When pulling the wing on the left side both wings move at the same time.

Gen 2- When pulling the wing on the left side the right doesn't move. Pulling the raptor using only the right side moves both wings.

Those are the only differences that I know about. I'm not aware of any other changes.

I'm lucky that I haven't run into problems when ordering from Botach.com.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Ah thanks, mine are all Gen 2's then.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The gas key is popping open the CH on the last round. This is caused by the channel that the gas key travels in (under side of CH) not being machined far enough back.

A friend bought an aftermarket CH and had the same problems, as well as not being able to install a Ceiner rimfire conversion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345