Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptor Malfuntions... Anyone else?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    A while back I remember some guy bagging on the springs in the raptor CH. Said after about 5K rounds they went a bit floppy, as it were. It seems this isn't necessarily an isolated problem...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Any chance you might have one of the counterfeit Raptors that have been floating around the market? Where did you purchase it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    A while back I remember some guy bagging on the springs in the raptor CH. Said after about 5K rounds they went a bit floppy, as it were. It seems this isn't necessarily an isolated problem...
    The springs on mine seem fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Any chance you might have one of the counterfeit Raptors that have been floating around the market? Where did you purchase it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I purchased the my first Raptor from Botach.com and the second from dsgarms.com.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    The springs on mine seem fine.

I purchased the my first Raptor from Botach.com and the second from dsgarms.com.
    One of the two people you mention has sold fakes before. Intentional or not... I have no idea.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Have you done a visual inspection of a standard CH vs one or both of your Raptors to see if there are any dimensional differences on the shaft, the latch, or the clearance hole for the gas key/gas tube? It's odd that your Raptors are only bouncing back on last round BHO...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've compared the Raptors to my standard CH's and my friends BCM CH and the length is the same and the latches line up with one another.

I just got off of the phone with the guy that handles warranty issues and was told that he had never heard of this happening before on Daniel Defense rifles but told me that DD has loose tolerances in there rifles and that's why he believes that the problem is happening. He quickly followed up with DD makes good rifles and he owns them but they, like BCM, are rifles with looser tolerances. He then said that I should think about using a different type of charging handle since Daniel Defense isn't as tight as other manufacturers like Knights Armament which might be true, I don't know for a fact. He also said, and I found this confusing, that he had seen the problem with an LWRC and I thought to myself, you just said that you hadn't heard of the problem happening.

He said he'd send me a replacement. I reminded him that I was having problems with both and figured he'd replace both. I then told him that I would send both so that he could research the problem for himself. He let me know that if he found that there was a problem he'd replace both and refund the shipping.
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 04-21-15 at 19:57. Reason: grammar sux

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    One of the two people you mention has sold fakes before. Intentional or not... I have no idea.

The Raptor that fails every time the bolt locks back is the one that I purchased from DSGarms.com. It's the 2nd gen Raptor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    I've compared the Raptors to my standard CH's and my friends BCM CH and the length is the same and the latches line up with one another.

I just got off of the phone with the guy that handles warranty issues and was told that he had never heard of this happening before on Daniel Defense rifles but told me that DD has loose tolerances in there rifles and that's why he believes that the problem is happening. He quickly followed up with DD makes good rifles and he owns them but they, like BCM, are rifles with looser tolerances. He then said that I should think about using a different type of charging handle since Daniel Defense isn't as tight as other manufacturers like Knights Armament which might be true, I don't know for a fact. He also said, and I found this confusing, that he had seen the problem with an LWRC and I thought to myself, you just said that you hadn't heard of the problem happening.

He said he'd send me a replacement. I reminded him that I was having problems with both and figured he'd replace both. I then told him that I would send both so that he could research the problem for himself. He let me know that if he found that there was a problem he'd replace both and refund the shipping.
    No disrespect, but that guy is full of sh*t.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^^ agree that. Bad info. As mentioned before, there are some Raptor copies on the market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSnipah View Post
    No disrespect, but that guy is full of sh*t.
    MAN, I was thinking the same thing but maybe he was talking about the MK18 being over gassed or something. I said that the Raptor on the V5 has failed before and it has a mid length gas system. He said that being built to mil spec wasn't the best also.

I've shopped for other AR15's and the fit/finish of Daniel Defense rifles are pretty darn nice compared to the really expensive AR's, maybe he's talking about an internal fitment deal. He didn't say they sucked, he just said that they were built to looser tolerances.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast