Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: neglecting second rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have one rifle, so it never gets neglected. My handguns however are a different story.
    My handguns (55 of them) are in the same boat as my ARs and other long rifles. I am not complaining one least bit.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Obviously there is a point of diminishing returns.
    I look at it like golf clubs. Different ones for different uses.

I don't have oodles pf ARs but I would keep four or five minimum.
    At least two of which would be exact duplicates.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Obviously there is a point of diminishing returns.
    I look at it like golf clubs. Different ones for different uses.

I don't have oodles pf ARs but I would keep four or five minimum.
    At least two of which would be exact duplicates.
    Excellent idea to have duplicates but that shit gets $$$$$, especially when we're talking about quality components.

OP, I'd stop over thinking of it and just get out and shoot the 16" rifle with 1-6. I think you have a good combo as is, I wouldn't put the Vortex on the SBR, I'd keep it where it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I only start thinking of selling, etc. at about AR number 7 or 8.
    I'm up to that in SBR's.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Now that I've blown snot on my computer, I have discovered that it is a great cleaning solution

Quote Originally Posted by skt4271 View Post
    If I had 35, my wife would have my nuts in 4 jars.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it just me, but I have two rifles. I mainly shoot my sbr because it's lighter, funner and it's just what I'm used to. So I have my second one, I dint shoot it as much because... well, not sure really. So I'm thinking just either sell the upper and sbr it or just keep it and make a SPR.

Instead of selling it, just put on a lighter stock, a lighter rail, and swap out the EOTech BRICK for an T-1.....boom now you have a much lighter rifle. Sell the stock, rail, and EOBrick and you come out about the same as you would if you sold the rifle and bought a different one.

I'm with MarkM and others, I'm just now thinking of thinning out my herd of 10 rifles and I would feel naked with only two.

BTW - you know the Razor with mount weighs over 30 ounces...
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-21-15 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a nice pair you have there. For me, an SBR, Standard M4, Recce, SPR and or 20+ inch tack driver is the minimum. (3 at the moment. Subject to change. ) I rotate so they all see some action but, there are my favorites......
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it just me, but I have two rifles. I mainly shoot my sbr because it's lighter, funner and it's just what I'm used to. So I have my second one, I dint shoot it as much because... well, not sure really. So I'm thinking just either sell the upper and sbr it or just keep it and make a SPR.

HA!! I was thinking the same thing as you about 3 months after getting my SBR. I put my optics from my V5 on my SBR and bought a 3-9x Leupold on to replace them. Now it just sits there. Maybe I need some offset sights or something. I might have made a mistake getting a 3-9x scope and should have saved a little and bought a 1-6 or 8. I shoot in pits mostly and only shoot my V5 when I go to the rifle range.

Your rifles look great!!
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 04-21-15 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    But DAMN this scope looks so good with the fde of DD & Vortex, colors are slightly off much compliments perfectly.

Feedback Score
    What chu Talkin about Willis? 1 rifle? You Sir, need at least one spare. Perhaps even two. I would build a duplicate or even consider picking-up a Colt 6920 with the prices being soo low. Particularly considering, God forbid that Billary bitch gets elected.

OP, I agree with others. That is a nice rifle. Keep it and reconfigure it to better meet your needs. Having at least one back-up rifle is essential in my opinion.

Renegade, LOL. Every time I see one of those pictures with your large collection, l just say to myself WOW, that is a lot of guns. More power to you Sir.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast