Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm ammo for patrol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The 5.56 is a better choice inside as well as it has less chance of over penetration. I know some find that hard to believe but its true. There is no advantage to running a pistol caliber carbine outside of less noise.
    Pat
    IMHO, the most compelling argument for the .223 over pistol caliber carbines and the shotgun is the fact that the .223 will almost always defeat soft body armor.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks Alaskapopo, great info. I will continue with the build for fun, but I think you have talked me into sticking with my .223 for patrol. Now I guess I need to buy a SBR .223, thanks for he new expense

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    IMHO, the most compelling argument for the .223 over pistol caliber carbines and the shotgun is the fact that the .223 will almost always defeat soft body armor.
    The main reason I prefer the .223 is because of its far greater terminal performance.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While I agree to stick with 223, to answer your original question, we found that the Rem Golden Sabers fed the most reliably in our PD SBR 9mm guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12