Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New purchase ideas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Jack and I like it, but as has been said you've pretty much got that area covered. And it's not keymod it's a Giessele system that appears to be proprietary but don't quote me on the proprietary part. It does come with just about everything you'd need to mount stuff except a sling mount so you won't need to buy much else for it.

Personally I'd go shorter barrel. I wouldn't go with the MK18 for the reasons mentioned, especially if you ever plan to suppress it. 7.62NATO's post pretty much pegs what I would recommend. PS whatever you get if you ever plan to suppress it the Jack is pinned and welded which limits your choice of suppressors and basically prohibits an adjustable gas block without expensive modification.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tigereye, you mentioned an 11.5 barrel. Is this a better choice due to the slightly longer barrel?

Yeah, I liked that the Jack comes with most everything I want. I've heard some issues about it short-stroking. Has anyone had issues with this?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I am certainly not the expert and the BCM 11.5" is my only SBR. There are a lot more experienced folks on here than me with tons of knowledge to share. Here are a couple of links that may help. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...essed-SBR-Ever
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...upper-question
    There is significantly more information when you use the google search. I went with the BCM 11.5 with 10" KMR and have been very pleased with the combo.
    Last edited by Tigereye; 04-25-15 at 07:11.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Yeah, I liked that the Jack comes with most everything I want. I've heard some issues about it short-stroking. Has anyone had issues with this?
    The Jack is a standard BCM 14.5" middy. I can't see why it would it would have issues unless someone is running severely underpowered ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    BCM has their new 11.5 ELW with 10" KMR up in stock on their website right now.

Feedback Score
    I'll go the other direction here...get an A4 upper and enjoy the smooth shooting awesomeness that is the 20" barrel.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have put roughly three thousand of rounds through my jack. No short stroking, in fact, no malfs at all until suppression, however I never ran any underpowered ammo either. I have another thread where I discuss my issues with suppression but it is not relevant here as I don't believe those issues to be endemic to the rifle. Basically, it's suppressed now, and I had no issues running it unsuppressed. No short stroking suppressed. If you want to know about issues with suppression, those are widely available elsewhere here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why limit yourself to complete rifles?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I built a complete rifle last year from the ground up. It was a lot of fun and worth the effort. I learned a great deal and had fun hunting for everything. I still have lots of spare parts laying around that I ended up not using. I'll probably build another one next year.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My 2 cents falls outside your two options but SR-15 MOD 2. God that weapon is something special IMO. Out of the two you posted I would just build a Jack imagery, lower cost and you can just about identically mimic the weapon if desired and omit or add anything that you wish. Nice band of brothers you have, love those DD rifles I have a couple myself.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast