Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 BLK Jig - Where to buy?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

300 BLK Jig - Where to buy?

Anyone have experience with these jigs that cut 5.56mm brass to 300BLK length?

I am really interested in these, but they appear to be confusing to shop for. I.E. Which saw do I use? How does it hold itself in place? Etc
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Go on YouTube and search convert 223 to 300 blk. There's a plethora of info out there.

Basics include a jig and a Harbor Freight 2.5" mini saw

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I will warn you, converting 223 to 300BLK sucks. I hate brass prep in general, but it's a necessary evil of reloading.

There's a guy selling a jig on 300blktalk that seems to be one of the better/faster jigs out there. I've been curious to try it, but I ended up making my own crude version out of plywood that bolts to my Harbor Freight chop saw.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 03-31-15 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IraqVet1982 View Post
    Go on YouTube and search convert 223 to 300 blk. There's a plethora of info out there.

Basics include a jig and a Harbor Freight 2.5" mini saw
    I have. They don't mention where to buy the jig, or if they do they are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    I will warn you, converting 223 to 300BLK sucks. I hate brass prep in general, but it's a necessary evil of reloading.

There's a guy selling a jig on 300blktalk that seems to be one of the better/faster jigs out there. I've been curious to try it, but I ended up making my own crude version out of plywood that bolts to my Harbor Freight chop saw.
    Yeah, VZ's seems to be the bee's knees but he is out of stock as well. I'm not sure if any of the stuff on Amazon is any good.

I understand what you're saying about brass prep. Cutting deburring, sizing, cleaning, etc. Yeah, it's a PITA for sure. But I'm poor and free 5.56 brass is all over the place, and 300BLK costs a fortune. For the last few weeks I have found myself becoming one of those obnoxious assholes at the range basically catching 5.56mm brass as it's ejected my way. I'm a brass ninja.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Amazon, eBay, etc... Just search 300blk jig. Squirrel Daddy is a popular seller. They just provide a reference point for cutting. You'll need a nice case trimmer to trim to length and square. That's the most time consuming.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Cool. I've seen squirrel daddy.

Any recommendations on case trimmers?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Cool. I've seen squirrel daddy.

Any recommendations on case trimmers?
    I have one of these for 223 and 300BLK. They can probably be found for a better price if you look around.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/251...ProductFinding

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Eurodriver, here is the jig I use. It is made to fit a small cutting wheel that you can pick up at Harbor Freight. Sometimes quality there is shotty but I'll vouch for this little cutting wheel. For brass cutting it does the job.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80842

Here is the case trimmer I use, it chucks in a drill and then I just prop the drill to run the drill continuously and pop cases in and out.

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-...rimmer+300+blk

I don't think converting 223 to 300BLK brass sucks at all. Once you get a couple pieces equipment and get a rhythm going, you can blow through a lot of brass quickly. Here is something I put together on converting brass and loading 300 BLK

Feedback Score
    The Harbor Freight mini chop saws don't last long. My first one cut about 1,500 223 cases before it died, so I returned it and the second one only lasted about 500 cases. Spend a little more and get one that isn't just for light "hobby" use.
    If only the militia can be armed, will the government pick the loyalists or the patriots?

Was it our Founding Fathers intent to let someone like King George pick who can be a militia?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Converting brass to a different caliber is always a lot of work, but things like the chop saw and drill chuck trimmers make things a lot less painful.

I still feel that ache in my hands from converting .308 to 6x47 using a jewelers file...

300 BLK is slightly less painful because you don't need to worry about trying to CoW fire form it. Also, being such a popular cartridge, there is a lot of support for converting .223 to 300blk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast