Thread: 9mm setback question...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

9mm setback question...

After moving my LEE FCD back from half a turn to a quarter turn iam not getting any bullet (berrys) deformation but after chambering twice hard in my glock iam getting some set back now,it went from 1.149 to 1.146 is this normal?

Lee states a half turn is a light crimp and it is with only a slight,, very slight ring around a soft berry bullet.
    I know you guys keep saying to only remove the belling,but how do you do that without a slight crimp?

Since a quarter turn allows this setback and a half turn puts an ever so slight crimp ring iam going to try between a quarter and a half i guess. So my question is , is the setback from 1.149 to 1.146 normal? Setback issues worry me this is also about the 3rd reload on this brass if that makes any difference. And also if your not useing a crimp die (taper of course) how do you remove the belling without crimping some.
    Last edited by texasgunhand; 04-25-15 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    .003" setback after two chamberings doesn't strike me as excessive. If anything, you're sizing die is where you'd look. The sizer is where you get your bullet tension from. The crimp should only remove the belling. I had an old Dillon sizer that wouldn't squeeze FC brass down enough. You could push the bullets into the case with your fingers. I just switched to a LEE sizing die and the problem went away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok mark thanks, iam useing lee dies now and it was some 3rd reload blazer brass.
    It definitely doesnt move pushing on it , like pushing it on the table by hand.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Bullet diameter + 2x the case wall thickness will tell you the finished/crimped diameter of the case at the mouth.