Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: m4 Law enforcement

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I didn't buy one because of the rollmark, and yet others pay a premium for it.

These are coming down in price. I wouldn't buy one for more than $900 right now.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    I seen a Colt Law Enforcement only M4 at the gun show

It appeared to be unshot in new condition $1200

It was stamped Law Enforcement only

What are they worth ?
    They are worth the same money as any other carbine with the same quality parts on it.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have some law enforcement gov only marked items. I know they're perfectly legal to own and use however, I wonder if the "assault weapons & high cap mag" climate ever changes, if I would have problems with ill-informed - overzealous police officers / federal agents. Maybe I worry too much but I actually prefer non marked items for this reason. So, would I pick up marked items? At the right price, yes. Would I pay a premium? Hell no. YMMV......
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    As stated with the current low prices on the Colt AR6720 (Grant has them for $799) and the LE6920, they are just too good to pass up. I am not a fan of the "Restricted, Gov" rollmark. YMMV

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6720
    Last edited by SiGfever; 04-26-15 at 09:30.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I had 4 and got rid of 3 as soon as I could because I hate that rollmark. I'm not a LE or GOV user Nd I don't like that bs on my guns.
    I'm in the military and still don't want those markings on anything. My magazines that are marked that way are the first ones that I use so they'll wear out sooner while keeping my unmarked gear for the long haul.

Dave

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A couple of decades from now, you'll look at what the old LE marked ARs are selling for and wish you'd kept yours or bought them when they were cheap.

I say this, not as a discerning collector, but as that guy who didn't buy HKs, Uzis, O3-A3s, Garands, M1 carbines, FAL kits, machineguns and other cool stuff when it was cheap and you couldn't get into the gunshow without tripping over it all
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-26-15 at 11:47.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A couple of decades from now, you'll look at what the old LE marked ARs are selling for and wish you'd kept yours or bought them when they were cheap.

I say this, not as a discerning collector, but as that guy who didn't buy HKs, Uzis, O3-A3s, Garands, M1 carbines, FAL kits, machineguns and other cool stuff when it was cheap and you couldn't get into the gunshow without tripping over it all
    There are better investments than storing an assault rifle for "a couple of decades" on a hunch that a restricted roll mark is going to bring big bucks.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Still don't get how or why people think a roll mark that says "F you citizen" will ever be cool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Still don't get how or why people think a roll mark that says "F you citizen" will ever be cool.
    Amen to that!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I tend to avoid buying guns with the LE restricted roll mark. Just me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast