Thread: M4C Spring Turkey Season! Let's see those Gobblers!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M4C Spring Turkey Season! Let's see those Gobblers!

Going out for the first time this year in a couple of hours!

Let's see those Longbeard pics and what you used to give him a ride home in the truck with!

Weapon, ammo, calls, decoys, etc...

I'm using my old faithfull New England Pardner single shot full choke barrel 12 ga with Winchester Long Beard #6

A couple Hunters Specialties slates, HS Strut Twister Gobble, a Mad Hatchet box call, HS Strut Hoot Tube Owl, and Western Rivers Crow call.

Best of luck to all M4C turkey hunters!
    Last edited by MBtech; 04-26-15 at 01:51.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wish I didn't have to work.. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Seasons been open here in VA for a couple weeks now. Nothing on the ground yet. I enjoy gettn out and calling as much as shootn em.

Couple of deeks
    Various box and mouth calls
    Beretta A300 Full choke Remington #6 Heavy shot
    Also seems like I always manage to call in some foxes, crows and once a yote.

Pics if one hits the ground

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, last season I did not have any luck and no gobbler to brag about. I'm not going to sugar coat it I plain and simply missed! Needless to say it haunted me for a year! However, the closer this season got I was not out for redemption for myself, instead focused on getting my daughter her first bird. I got her set up with a Mossberg Maverick 88 20ga with Truglo fiber optic sights, and a Gobble Stopper choke. As usual with all of the other things going on during the short 3 week season our time was very limited. We did not get her 1st gobbler but let me tell you we had some close encounters and had an absolute blast trying! Just the way the ball bounces sometimes... Close but no cigar. I can't say what may or may not have happened if we had more time in the woods but hey there's always next year.

With that being said, my good friend and long time hunting partner who is a prostaff team member of The Whitetail Faktor and his daughter's 2016 spring season was a mirror image of ours. She was set up with a Remington 20ga, same sights, same choke going after her first turkey as well. The best part...It was caught on film. A great hunt with a great strategy adapting to the situation to get the job done. Truly a memory to last a lifetime for a father daughter team. Great job guys! Congratulations!

From The Whitetail Faktor 2016 Spring Turkey Season Mark and Kagan show you how it's done here.

Last edited by MBtech; 05-20-16 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    24 lbs, 10" beard and 1 5/16 spurs
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39565[/ATTCH]

Remington 870 supermag with Winchester 3 1/2" HV #6
    Cody slate and Quaker Boy pro triple mouth call
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TimV; 05-21-16 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice birds!
    Went out two days this spring. Scared one tom off my set up spot by accident. Otherwise, nothing. Naturally, I saw plenty of deer.
    There's always the fall season.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.