Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First shots with my KAC SR15 MOD2

Feedback Score

First shots with my KAC SR15 MOD2

Took out my SR15 MOD2 this weekend with my old man and some other guns. Contrary to what I am usually shooting this was a different kind of day. We had out our Benelli M4s, a Springfield TRP, HKVP9, G21 and the MOD2. Had an awesome time.

I set up my sr15 with a Aimpoint T2 with LaRue LT660 QD and put on a SureFire SFMB556K muzzle brake.

Recoil? Whats that??

I am completely blown away by how wonderful this rifle shoots. How smooth it cycles and how there is so little recoil its unfair. Also how comfortable it is. My other AR is a MR556A1 and while I love that rifle and its been flawless...its a pig.

Long story short I fired 400 flawless rounds on day one. They went so fast I thought I had only fired a couple mags. And Ive placed an order for another SR15. (Im a huge believer in 2 is 1 and 1 is none)

For an HK fanboy, KAC SR15 is definitely IMO the BEST DI AR out there and unless youre going to be diving with an AR.... The SR15 is the better choice between it and the MR.

Knights Armament SR15 MOD 2: http://youtu.be/t0NJZ91-y_M
    Last edited by HKfreak; 04-26-15 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very nice! I love that setup. Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TSD422 View Post
    Very nice! I love that setup. Thanks for the review.
    Thanks man!

Trying to decide what light I want on it and then shes done!
    Last edited by HKfreak; 04-26-15 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice way to spend the weekend. Wish I could still shoot with my old man. We had some great times.... Your KAC seems like a winner. Enjoy the hell out of it!!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that honest review!

I was in the same boat and went with the HK MR556 myself. I got a barely used one for $2200 shipped with some HK mags and the bag. Already have a Geissele rail/trigger ordered and a Magpul CTR, enhanced trigger guard, regular takedown pins, K2+, and MBUS Pro sights swapped onto it. Now just waiting for the tax stamp to send it off to fat camp to be a 10.4" HK416 clone.

But your review rekindled my interest in owning a KAC SR15. I think I'll wait for the MLOK railed versions to arrive before I decide. What made you decide on the 16" rifle length for both KAC?

Feedback Score
    What's the Aimpoint T2 like?? And are you using the rail panels?

Feedback Score
    Aimpont T2 is very nice. Super lightweight and glass is very clear. The QD mount is what makes it so nice. And no grip panels

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing, and looks like you a great time. I love my Mod 2, and I went with a T-2 as well. The dot clarity is definitely noticeable over the two T-1's I've had, for me anyway. I am getting tired of waiting on a 5.56 MAMS though.

Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think you're giving the SR-15 more credit than is due. I have a Mod 2 upper as well, and while it's a nice feeling system, it's not noticeably nicer than my tuned BCM middy.

I think your "lack of recoil" experience can be more attributed to your muzzle brake than the intermediate gas system.

When I got my Mod 2 I put it on an A5 buffer system equipped lower and played with buffer weights and springs (milspec spring and springco green, A5H1-A5H3 buffers) till I found what kept the gun the flattest and softest. I then compared it side by side with my BCM middy gun that runs a springco green and A5H3. Both rifles have 16" barrels and both have Griffin Flash Comps on them. The difference between them was very slight such that you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were specifically thinking about it. I can't imagine the stock setup with milspec carbine spring and CAR buffer would be any better.

That said, I agree with you that it's an excellent handling rifle (only my LW rifles handle better).
    Last edited by Plasman; 04-26-15 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I think you're giving the SR-15 more credit than is due. I have a Mod 2 upper as well, and while it's a nice feeling system, it's not noticeably nicer than my tuned BCM middy.

I think your "lack of recoil" experience can be more attributed to your muzzle brake than the intermediate gas system.

When I got my Mod 2 I put it on an A5 buffer system equipped lower and played with buffer weights and springs (milspec spring and springco green, A5H1-A5H3 buffers) till I found what kept the gun the flattest and softest. I then compared it side by side with my BCM middy gun that runs a springco green and A5H3. Both rifles have 16" barrels and both have Griffin Flash Comps on them. The difference between them was very slight such that you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were specifically thinking about it. I can't imagine the stock setup with milspec carbine spring and CAR buffer would be any better.

That said, I agree with you that it's an excellent handling rifle (only my LW rifles handle better).
    I find that the lack of recoil is directly attributed to the gas system. Mine has an A2 flash hider and it shoots like a dream
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast