Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
I think you're giving the SR-15 more credit than is due. I have a Mod 2 upper as well, and while it's a nice feeling system, it's not noticeably nicer than my tuned BCM middy.

I think your "lack of recoil" experience can be more attributed to your muzzle brake than the intermediate gas system.

When I got my Mod 2 I put it on an A5 buffer system equipped lower and played with buffer weights and springs (milspec spring and springco green, A5H1-A5H3 buffers) till I found what kept the gun the flattest and softest. I then compared it side by side with my BCM middy gun that runs a springco green and A5H3. Both rifles have 16" barrels and both have Griffin Flash Comps on them. The difference between them was very slight such that you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were specifically thinking about it. I can't imagine the stock setup with milspec carbine spring and CAR buffer would be any better.

That said, I agree with you that it's an excellent handling rifle (only my LW rifles handle better).
You're missing half the rifle. The complete system is where the magic happens.