Thread: KSG Patrol/Salvo

Feedback Score

KSG Patrol/Salvo

I have a plan to get rid of the strange interstitial space between the back of the salvo and the muzzle of my ksg.
    I want to have an aluminum sleeve made that can slide down to cover the gap. I have some ideas how to keep it fixed in place but it depends on how tight the fabricator can actually make it. Covering this gap makes the whole gun look monolithic and soooo much better. Hopefully I’ll post a pic soon with the actually metal sleeve.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbarchitect View Post
    I have a plan to get rid of the strange interstitial space between the back of the salvo and the muzzle of my ksg.
    I want to have an aluminum sleeve made that can slide down to cover the gap. I have some ideas how to keep it fixed in place but it depends on how tight the fabricator can actually make it. Covering this gap makes the whole gun look monolithic and soooo much better. Hopefully I’ll post a pic soon with the actually metal sleeve.
    what is going on in the picture on the right? is that a high rib for shooting clays? do you shoot trap with this thing??

Feedback Score
    I use it for clays but it's more for shooting PA grouse. Those things are just too fast to find with a red dot.
    I'd love to shoot clays at a club but they don’t allow pistol grips down here in VA and the clubs around my parents place in PA don’t allow pistol grips and they have a minimum barrel length.
    I guess all of these clubs are run by English aristocracy and only allow purdey doubles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbarchitect View Post
    I use it for clays but it's more for shooting PA grouse. Those things are just too fast to find with a red dot.
    I'd love to shoot clays at a club but they don’t allow pistol grips down here in VA and the clubs around my parents place in PA don’t allow pistol grips and they have a minimum barrel length.
    I guess all of these clubs are run by English aristocracy and only allow purdey doubles.
    someone will always find a way to spoil our fun i suppose.. at least you are getting some use out of it on the grouse, i will have to show my friend with a KSG. i have been thinking about a salvo for my 12s so i can shoot clays in the backyard without disrupting the neighbors TV watching regimen..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No pistol grip huh? I wonder what they would say if you showed up with this?

http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum/...space-gun.aspx

And if they don't allow pistol grips then they must be only using english straight stocks.

As far as miniumal barrel length... why? I shoot a couple trap clubs that restrict shot size so that the shot can't go far enough to possibly hit residential homes, which I can understand, a shorter barrel=less velocity=shorter range. As long as you are safe, not dumping a mag at a target, and using target loads and not something like buck shot, then who the hell cares? Then again maybe I am too young to understand those old elitist farts? I just show up to the shoots and kick the shit out of them with a Browning that costs a 5th or less of their guns and take the money.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What ranges are they ? I am in SEPA and out of the 4 ranges around me all allow them. That's very strange.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508