If you are getting .005 from the rcbs I feel like that is too much.

I also use the 21st century lathe/turner. If you have the appropriate cutter (proper degree for your case shoulder) it will cut into the shoulder just enough.

I meant to put the following link in my last post but forgot. This is the continuation on squaring dies, give it a read.

http://www.sierrabullets.com/resourc...-cont/#loadtip

I also have the base of my dies well above the shell plate and as Sierra says, this is fine. I use a set of feeler gauges to take up that space on dies that do not touch the shell holder when I square them. One of my benchrest buddys used a spare recoil lug from a rem 700 that he had ground down to be square. Just use something that you know is square (I think Sierra mentions using a washer) to allow the ram to make contact to square the die for initial set up.

Getting the hang of a ball mic is pretty easy (even easier if you spring for one with a digital display) and you will find yourself wondering "what was I doing without this thing?!"

Lastly, I remember you saying in your OP that you would rotate you case 180 degrees halfway through seating a bullet (a good trick). You will not need to worry about that when you get your Wilson seater.