Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question For airweight J-frame shooters

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    No sir, but great photo of your recoil shield. It's interesting how the bodyguards don't have the traditional "hand" and all of that.

What I'm referring to, is the tiny cylinder lock that locks the cylinder when you pull the trigger.
    Roger that. The cylinder lock in the lower part of the frame will show some wear with use.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Roger that. The cylinder lock in the lower part of the frame will show some wear with use.
    Oh yes, no doubt of course.

I'm trying to upload a pic to show everybody what I'm talking about.

The wear marks are actually on the FRAME, around the cylinder lock.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMG_1384.jpg BAM! It worked! These are the wear marks I'm talking about, do you guys see this?
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMG_1384.jpg BAM! It worked! These are the wear marks I'm talking about, do you guys see this?
    The frame will flex during the firing sequence. The marks are normal wear.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The frame will flex during the firing sequence. The marks are normal wear.
    Yeah, this is what S&W told me as well. Thanks T2C, I'm new to revolver shooting. I'm being over analytical over all this obviously. But imagining the cylinder slapping the frame every time the gun is fired doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. How did you come to this conclusion, is this common knowledge?
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, this is what S&W told me as well. Thanks T2C, I'm new to revolver shooting. I'm being over analytical over all this obviously. But imagining the cylinder slapping the frame every time the gun is fired doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. How did you come to this conclusion, is this common knowledge?
    It's common knowledge. If you record a revolver with a high speed camera during the firing sequence you can see the frame flex.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's common knowledge. If you record a revolver with a high speed camera during the firing sequence you can see the frame flex.
    I did a search over the internet and youtube for a high speed video of a J frame firing but no luck. I would love to see Smith & Wessons R&D hi speed vids.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fired 75 more rounds tonight. 50 Magtech 158 grainers, and 25 Hornady American Gunner hollow points.

That wear near the cylinder lock seems to have gotten just a little more pronounced. Whatever...... The trigger "sticking" issue did not happen again. Fortunately.

I did notice that my trigger pull has gotten both smoother and lighter, which is great. Also, my groupings on target at 7 yards are getting tighter than when I first started. Although the groupings are high and to the right, I have improved just a bit. The 442 now has 445 rounds detonated through it.

I am beginning to trust it, and have decided that this will be the "beater" knock around piece. I added a Clip Draw to it last week, been carrying it in sweat pants on down time around the house. For that purpose I think it's suited quite well.IMG_1414.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KrampusArms; 05-19-15 at 02:12.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fired 60 additional rounds through the 442 yesterday. 50 Magtech 158 grs, and 10 Corbon plus P DPX 110 grs. Interestingly, the Corbons didn't feel any hotter. Quite comparable.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another 50 down. Again, Magtech 158 grainers. That makes 555 rounds total.

I wanted to mention, something weird has occurred. After the 350 round mark, I had noticed at the time I was getting a tad more endshake. Obviously, a bit of endshake is quite normal, no cause for concern. But......

Last night after cleaning, I am not imagining this, the endshake has changed. I have a significantly LESS noticeable amount now, after 555, then I did around 350.

Will continue to update my "Me too, wannabe" jframe thread as I go along.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast