Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    50 more.

Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    50 more.

Is the trigger smoothing out for you? Is it getting any easier to manipulate the trigger? I am right handed and like shooting revolvers with the trigger finger in far enough for the crease on the distal joint to just barely touch the right side of the trigger. It seems to help most people.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Is the trigger smoothing out for you? Is it getting any easier to manipulate the trigger? I am right handed and like shooting revolvers with the trigger finger in far enough for the crease on the distal joint to just barely touch the right side of the trigger. It seems to help most people.
    YES. The trigger has improved. Much smoother, much easier to actuate. In fact, the initial issue that I had when I began this thread, has never been a problem since. I believe my finger has become stronger as well which definitely contributed to all this.

When I fire the gun, I place my finger on the trigger exactly as you describe.

I've made it a point to take the gun out as much as I'm able. Not so much because I enjoy shooting it, which I do.. Mostly due to the fact that the difficulty in shooting it well, bothers me. I hate sucking, and I want to kick ass.

The ammo prices have almost paid for the weapon now. And I have improved significantly since starting. By August I'll break 1000.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    Having an assortment of 6 yes 6 J frames, all that I will say is I like them but they are not super fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ****ing hate shooting my 642, but I carry it often enough in the summer that I need to. Accuracy is acceptable, but I do have to ask all you guys who like shooting the thing:

Are you running it with the stock open back grips or something else?

I know if I used the hogue monogrip it would make it a different gun, but I would not be able to Pocket carry. What grips are you guys using who do so?

I run stock grips because they are small footprint and not sticky, but man do they suck in every other way.
    Last edited by HighDesert; 07-19-15 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    ****ing hate shooting my 642, but I carry it often enough in the summer that I need to. Accuracy is acceptable, but I do have to ask all you guys who like shooting the thing:

Are you running it with the stock open back grips or something else?

I know if I used the hogue monogrip it would make it a different gun, but I would not be able to Pocket carry. What grips are you guys using who do so?

I run stock grips because they are small footprint and not sticky, but man do they suck in every other way.
    HighDesert

What I did is pretty ghetto, but it feels more comfortable than stock.

I took the stock grips off, and I took each side to a wire wheel. I basically wired them down, removing all the lines and dimples until it looked like rough sanded rubber. I then shaved off very carefully and slowly, even more material from the left side of the grip. The side that interferes with the speedloaders. I shaved small portions off with my Spyderco endure, until an HKS 36 cleared to my liking.

Then I wrapped the grip in black camo form tape, covering the backstrap for a little cushion. Taking the grips to the wire wheel, kept the footprint small, and prevented the grip from becoming too fat once I added camoform. The downside is that the Camoform grabs clothing. But whatever, I carry this thing in sweatpants on downtime.

It feels very comfortable to me when purchasing the weapon, and firing it. It absolutely looks like crap though.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    gf snubby.jpg gf snubby 2.jpg

You can see the ghetto style grips here.
    GF with snubby. She likes the clipdraw.
    Last edited by KrampusArms; 07-20-15 at 02:17.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    61 additional rounds fired. Toatal is 916.

I fired one round of my carry ammo for an expansion test. Absolutely not scientific, just messing around. Corbon DPX 110 gr +P. Fired into water jugs. Its expansion was almost uniform, with two of the petals flattening. I tried to measure it at its widest point. Pretty cool looking, like a blossom of carnage.
    hollow point 2.jpghollow point 3.jpghollow point.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Krampus,

I saw that pick of your GF and thought it was you. I was like, I REALLY NEED TO FOLLOW KRAMPUS MORE CLOSELY!!

I ran 50 rounds of 158 Monarch HP through mine today. I have completely lost count of how many rounds I have run through it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    4,563 rounds and counting.............
    Train 2 Win

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast