Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me into (Or out of) a Glock 43

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Talk me into (Or out of) a Glock 43

This would be a "Summer pocket gun" and it would be replacing a 642.

I like the 642 (No lock -1) but I also like me some Glock.

Convince me, either for or against.....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have one with a few hundred rds through it. I like it ok. Use it for summer carry. Small enough to conceal easily (thin) but not so small that it is too hard to shoot well, but I definitely prefer shooting g19/17 over the 43. No issues with my 43. Upgraded sights to ameriglo spartans. Added vickers +2 bases to get capacity to 8. Very happy with the upgrades. However, once carrying with +2 extensions on mag, you are basically at g19 grip length. Therefore, buying one means you need it for the thinner profile, because the grip length advantage is voided with the extension, or just rock a six shot and keep the shorter grip. I prefer having the extra two rds. I pretty much carry the 43 only in summer months for this reason.

Feedback Score
    I too use mine for summer carry or when I have to dress with tighter fitting clothes. Mine has Trijicon HD sights (Lime green front) and has been 100% since new. I find it very easy to shoot and damn accurate for such a small pistol. I also have the mag extensions but prefer carrying with the flat base plate. I got a Hogue Handall Jr. grip for mine which gives me a better grip.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 12-24-17 at 13:03.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

Here is a review of the G43 and some words of wisdom from LAV about the smaller 9 mm pistols. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There have been several lengthy discussions of the G43 here that might be useful to read through. This one is a good starting point:

Glock 26 vs. Glock 43 vs. Glock 42: which do you prefer?

Another lengthy but interesting one:

WHAT’S SHIPPING: Glock Model 43, 9x19mm

I’ll try to post some others, but the search function isn’t cooperating with me at the moment. The bottom line for me is that it fits a role where you want deep concealment, easier concealment with light or more formal clothing, or something less bulky when doing physical activities. However, test it thoroughly with your carry ammunition and any aftermarket accessories (mag extensions) that you want to use, because I’ve seen a wide mix of results in terms of reliability. Lastly, I’d recommend shooting both the G43 and the Shield to see which is more comfortable for you. Both are great pistols but fit differently people differently.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 12-24-17 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    I shoot mine in GSSF Pocket Division and carry mine with Dawson Sights in an Alabama Pocket Holster. It disappears in all my pant's front pocket. https://www.alabamaholster.com/produ...ocket-holster/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Certainly great for concealment. Firing it with accuracy requires lots of practice given its small size and weight.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you. I've read both of those linked threads. Kinda why I'm here now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    There have been several lengthy discussions of the G43 here that might be useful to read through. This one is a good starting point:

Glock 26 vs. Glock 43 vs. Glock 42: which do you prefer?

Another lengthy but interesting one:

WHAT’S SHIPPING: Glock Model 43, 9x19mm

I’ll try to post some others, but the search function isn’t cooperating with me at the moment. The bottom line for me is that it fits a role where you want deep concealment, easier concealment with light or more formal clothing, or something less bulky when doing physical activities. However, test it thoroughly with your carry ammunition and any aftermarket accessories (mag extensions) that you want to use, because I’ve seen a wide mix of results in terms of reliability. Lastly, I’d recommend shooting both the G43 and the Shield to see which is more comfortable for you. Both are great pistols but fit differently people differently.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I run the Taran Tactical +1 base plates on mine. Just a tiny bit longed than the stock mags. You get the additional round but no real extra length in the grip area.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

If you like Glock ergos, trigger, etc, go for it. If not, I'd take a Shield any day, perhaps with some Apex upgrades. My Shield is stock, but one can get a much better trigger and such. Not sure I'd view a 43 or Shield as a pocket gun myself however.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast