Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: WHAT'S SHIPPING: Glock Model 43, 9x19mm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I ordered one through LEO circles and waited 8 months! In the meantime I bought myself one, which my wife decided she needed, bought my self another, then my blue label gun came in(long waiting list), then I ordered 43's for my agency to issue as back ups! My first one ordered has upwards of 500 rounds through it, and the others anywhere between 100 and 300 rounds. I did put "-" connectors on all of them, which really didn't change much, and also have a mixture of Pearce +1's and Vickers+2's base plates. all have worked well and I'm confident with either. I also kept one magazine with the factory base plate for the times when extreme conceal-ability is an issue.

People ask why i get a small gun and make it bigger, but for me they are just more comfortable than a 26/27, in any configuration.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I took the G43 to the range today for the first time since March and shot 50 rounds each of Speer Lawman 147 gr TMJ, Speer 147 gr GDHPs, Speer 147 gr G2, and Federal 147 gr HSTs. I used a Pearce +1, Taran Tactical +1, and two Tango Down +2s. I continue to have mixed results with the Taran extension, and the TD +2s gave me a few problems this time too (I need to mark one of them to see if it's both or just one of them). Most of the malfunctions were on the last round, as I've seen in the past, with the slide riding halfway over the last round and jamming it against the feed ramp. I should have documented it better, but I think it happened with the GDHPs and the HSTs. I'm not sure what the solution is to this, although it seems like my Pearce +1 extensions have been more reliable after adding the Glockstore +10% springs.

I also has a couple problems when initially chambering a round with the HSTs. With the slide locked back, I insert a magazine and use the hand over the top method to pull back and release the slide. On several occasions, if I didn't pull back firmly enough on the slide, the lower lip of the HST round would jam against the bottom of the feedramp and prevent the slide from going forward. Pulling back and releasing the slide again would fix it. I've actually encountered this when riding the slide forward to chamber a GDHP (when getting ready to carry), but never when releasing the slide like this. My G19 also never exhibits this issue. My initial thought is that the sharper lip of the HST is the culprit, combined with the G43 slide not having enough mass to overcome it. I may just stick with Gold Dots.

I need to go back to shooting with the G43 factory mags to see if any of these issues can be replicated. I'm definitely not 100% confident in the various aftermarket extensions, especially the Taran +1, which I really want to like because of its low profile (and how much it cost!). I really hope that Glock is developing a new baseplate for the G43, with a finger rest like the Pearce +1 that will accept an additional round.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 06-17-17 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    3ACR, I have had really good luck with the Taran extensions. I have the +1 using the standard Glock spring, the +2 with the Taran spring and a +3 Taran factory built mag as well as a couple of the stock Glock 43 mags. I have run every kind of ammo I could get my hands on through all of them and haven't had any failures yet knock on wood. I've heard a lot of guys with the same experiences that you've had and it does make me nervous but so far I've been lucky. I wonder if there are some differences in materials or workmanship during certain timeframes......
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have had my g43 for a cpl years now. I've ran somewhere around 2,000 rds through it with just the two mags it came with. One with a taran+1 and the other with a taran+2 no malfunctions to date. I know it's not a high round count but I feel confident in both the gun and the extensions. Maybe I just got lucky. It is by far my favorite carry gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UPDATE

+1059 rounds since last update, no malfunctions. One new shooter used this gun as a loaner for a basic handgun class and it was also used in the Pocket Glock division at a GSSF match. I’ve continued to use the JAG 43 magazines as my primary range mags and they run without issue. Use includes repeated drops to concrete range floors. Magazines with finger extensions and extended-magazine capacities are not used at all. Sights are still the excellent Ameriglo Hackathorns (GL-436).

Four new loads were added to the list: Armscor 124 FMJ, Winchester 147 FMJ, and two steel cased 115 FMJ loads from Maxxtech and Hotshot. The latter two were pretty dirty but functional. Both, accurate enough.

With BHA 115 FMJ, this gun shot a 92-2X, 10-round bullseye group to a B8 at 25yds. This is the best group to date. During another outing, the LAV 10-10-10 “Test” was fired from ready, scoring 92-4X and included a slide lock reload. On the Gabe White standards (http://www.gabewhitetraining.com/performance-awards/) it hovers in the lower end of Dark Pin territory. Any assertion that the G43 cannot be shot accurately or practically is utter tripe.

Similarly, there continues to be no foundation for any +P ammunition precautions. Of the 6080 rounds fired, 724 (~12%) have been +P ammunition. No +P load has been involved in any malfunction.

I had hoped this gun would reach 10k rounds by the end of the year, but I think I’ve spent more time on other people’s G43s than my own in 2017. Those guns were likewise reliable, and most badly in need of new sights. The ability to see both quickly and as precisely as needed is particularly helpful with this gun.

43bha115.jpg

Number of shooters: 64
    Cumulative round count: 6080

Updated ammo list:

Ammunition used (49):
    *1249rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr FMJ (BHA brass)
    40rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr JHP-XTP +P (BHA brass)
    50rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr GDHP +P (Starline brass)
    30rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr TAC-XP +P (Win brass)
    164rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr TAC-XP +P (BHA brass)
    12rds Black Hills Ammunition 124gr FMJ Reman
    231rds Black Hills Ammunition 124 JHP-XTP (BHA brass)
    100rds Black Hills Ammunition 124gr JHP-XTP +P (BHA brass)

26rds Federal 100gr RHT lead free frangible
    548rds Federal 115 FMJ (aluminum case)
    50rds Federal Champion 115gr FMJ
    50rds Federal 124gr Hydra-Shok
    *374rds Federal 147gr JHP
    50rds Federal 147gr Hydra-Shok
    64rds Federal 147 HST
    100rds Speer Lawman 115 TMJ
    70rds Speer Lawman 124 TMJ
    422rds Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
    174rds Speer GDHP G2
    112rds American Eagle 115 FMJ
    50rds American Eagle 124gr FMJ
    50rds American Eagle 147 FMJ
    50rds CCI Blazer Brass 115 FMJ

100rds Corbon 115gr FMJ (Starline brass)
    40rds Corbon 100gr +P Pow’RBall
    50rds Corbon 147gr FMJ

68rds Remington 100gr +P Disintegrator lead free frangible
    50rds Remington UMC 115gr MC
    150rds Remington UMC 147 FMJ

50rds Winchester Mk254 Mod 0 Frangible
    179rds Winchester 115 FMJ (WWB)
    50rds Winchester 147 FMJ

25rds Ruger 80 ARX +P (PolyCase)
    50rds Magtech 115 FMC
    50rds Herters (S&B) 115 FMJ
    162rds PMC Bronze 115 FMJ
    87rds Freedom Munitions 115 FMJ
    50rds Herters-Tula 115 FMJ (steel case)
    *116rds International Cartridge Company 100gr lead free frangible
    50rds Fiocchi 115gr FMJ
    55rds Northern Hills Ammunition 115 FMJ reman
    25rds Hornady Critical Defense 115 FTX
    100rds Armscor 124 FMJ
    50rds Maxxtech 115 FMJ (steel case)
    50rds Hotshot 115 FMJ (steel case)

46rds test load, 3/21
    *200rds test load, 6/11
    111rds test load, 7/30, 12/17
    50rds test load, 7/30
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I took the G43 to the range today for the first time since March and shot 50 rounds each of Speer Lawman 147 gr TMJ, Speer 147 gr GDHPs, Speer 147 gr G2, and Federal 147 gr HSTs. I used a Pearce +1, Taran Tactical +1, and two Tango Down +2s. I continue to have mixed results with the Taran extension, and the TD +2s gave me a few problems this time too (I need to mark one of them to see if it's both or just one of them). Most of the malfunctions were on the last round, as I've seen in the past, with the slide riding halfway over the last round and jamming it against the feed ramp. I should have documented it better, but I think it happened with the GDHPs and the HSTs. I'm not sure what the solution is to this, although it seems like my Pearce +1 extensions have been more reliable after adding the Glockstore +10% springs.
    I had this exact malfunction three days ago, with the last round of Gold Dot 124+P on the last round of a stock OEM magazine. I ordered up some 124 and 147 HST to test, as I think +P and the 43 may not be a great match.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I put 50 rounds of standard pressure 147 gr HSTs through mine a couple months ago using the factory 6-round mag with the finger rest. Sure enough, it functioned fine, which tells me that the aftermarket extensions are the likely cause of my previous malfunctions. I’m still hoping that Glock will produce their own +1 extensions / finger rest (which I think they should have done from the start). They could even do it with a slightly extended magazine body with a thicker baseplate that both provides a finger rest and closes the gap with the grip (kind of like the Pearce +1).

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Excellent! Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    UPDATE

+1059 rounds since last update, no malfunctions. One new shooter used this gun as a loaner for a basic handgun class and it was also used in the Pocket Glock division at a GSSF match. I’ve continued to use the JAG 43 magazines as my primary range mags and they run without issue. Use includes repeated drops to concrete range floors. Magazines with finger extensions and extended-magazine capacities are not used at all. Sights are still the excellent Ameriglo Hackathorns (GL-436).

Four new loads were added to the list: Armscor 124 FMJ, Winchester 147 FMJ, and two steel cased 115 FMJ loads from Maxxtech and Hotshot. The latter two were pretty dirty but functional. Both, accurate enough.

With BHA 115 FMJ, this gun shot a 92-2X, 10-round bullseye group to a B8 at 25yds. This is the best group to date. During another outing, the LAV 10-10-10 “Test” was fired from ready, scoring 92-4X and included a slide lock reload. On the Gabe White standards (http://www.gabewhitetraining.com/performance-awards/) it hovers in the lower end of Dark Pin territory. Any assertion that the G43 cannot be shot accurately or practically is utter tripe.

Similarly, there continues to be no foundation for any +P ammunition precautions. Of the 6080 rounds fired, 724 (~12%) have been +P ammunition. No +P load has been involved in any malfunction.

I had hoped this gun would reach 10k rounds by the end of the year, but I think I’ve spent more time on other people’s G43s than my own in 2017. Those guns were likewise reliable, and most badly in need of new sights. The ability to see both quickly and as precisely as needed is particularly helpful with this gun.

43bha115.jpg

Number of shooters: 64
    Cumulative round count: 6080

Updated ammo list:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789