Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: WHAT'S SHIPPING: Glock Model 43, 9x19mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Have you carried it all? Developed any opinion on holsters?
    I carry mine in a Fist #1K (thin Kydex) holster at 4 o'clock and find it to be very comfortable and light.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/novoerf...27-detail.html
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    http://trholsters.com/glock-43-iwb-kydex-holster/

Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Have you carried it all? Developed any opinion on holsters?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Understanding that you're not carrying this G43 on a daily basis, yours has certainly seen a lot of use. I'm curious if you have experienced any of the wear issues that this guy displays at about the 5-minute mark in this video:

https://youtu.be/pVRiiwPUuq8

His complaint is that the finish on newer Glocks is not as durable as Gen 3s and maybe earlier Gen 4s, and he shows examples of rust around the rear sight and holster wear spots that are starting to rust (those are harder to see in his video). Anyone seen this on their Glocks?
    That's a sweet little setup. Not real practical but cool none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I picked up a new G43 earlier today, feels great in the hands and the trigger is nice and smooth. This thread is awesome, thanks so much for the invaluable information!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has Glock made any changes to the G43 in the past year? If so, what changes were made?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I finally picked up a Blue Label with night sights this week after months of pondering over it and a few trips to the range to rent one alongside a Shield. The Glock is just more comfortable in my hands than the Shield, despite the fairly sharp recoil. I took it to the range today and put 100 rounds each of Winchester 115 gr FMJ and Fiocchi 124 gr FMJ through it. I shot ok for the first 100 and then started to get sloppy with the second 100. I hadn't put more than 50 through the rental in one session, so I think the recoil tires me out a little faster than I'm used to. I already have a bad habit of anticipating the recoil, so I need to spend a lot of time dry firing this little pistol. The pistol itself functioned flawlessly though.

When I went to pick up this pistol at the store, I asked them if they could humor me and let me compare a couple of them to see if there was any difference between the feel of the triggers. I've heard a few people mention some variation between different G43s. The guy brought out three for me to compare (all current production - they had just gotten a new shipment in that morning). Either my trigger finger isn't sensitive enough, or their triggers are pretty consistent. I couldn't tell the difference between any of them, but I did notice that the trigger in the current version is definitely lighter than the rental that I've shot a couple times (which is probably a year or so old).

I really do like this pistol, and I think it's going to serve my needs well, but I'm going to have to put some work into shooting it better. Probably going to head back to the range again tomorrow. I picked up some Monarch 115 gr FMJ (to try a different brand) and some more Winchester white box. I plan to follow the lead of this thread and try a bunch of different types of ammo in it.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 06-17-17 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats! I just added rubberized Talon Grips to mine and I love 'em. Well worth the $15 I paid for them. If you have larger hands like me, it will help a lot.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For anyone following this thread Midway Glock mags on sale. Glock 43 mags are only $18.74. It is also $10 off if you spend $100.

Best price on the mags I have seen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I finally picked up a Blue Label with night sights this week after months of pondering over it and a few trips to the range to rent one alongside a Shield. The Glock is just more comfortable in my hands than the Shield, despite the fairly sharp recoil. I took it to the range today and put 100 rounds each of Winchester 115 gr FMJ and Fiocchi 124 gr FMJ through it. I shot ok for the first 100 and then started to get sloppy with the second 100. I hadn't put more than 50 through the rental in one session, so I think the recoil tires me out a little faster than I'm used to. I already have a bad habit of anticipating the recoil, so I need to spend a lot of time dry firing this little pistol. The pistol itself functioned flawlessly though.

When I went to pick up this pistol at the store, I asked them if they could humor me and let me compare a couple of them to see if there was any difference between the feel of the triggers. I've heard a few people mention some variation between different G43s. The guy brought out three for me to compare (all current production - they had just gotten a new shipment in that morning). Either my trigger finger isn't sensitive enough, or their triggers are pretty consistent. I couldn't tell the difference between any of them, but I did notice that the trigger in the currently version is definitely lighter than the rental that I've shot a couple times (which is probably a year or so old).

I really do like this pistol, and I think it's going to serve my needs well, but I'm going to have to put some work into shooting it better. Probably going to head back to the range again tomorrow. I picked up some Monarch 115 gr FMJ (to try a different brand) and some more Winchester white box. I plan to follow the lead of this thread and try a bunch of different types of ammo in it.
    I bought and trimmed a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve for mine, really made a difference for me.

https://www.hogueinc.com/store/produ...eeve-black/147
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My second trip to the range went a lot better - I think I'm starting to get a feel for how I need to grip the G43 to improve my accuracy. Tightening up my grip helped bring things back on to target, although I'm still pulling a bit to the left. Groups were much tighter this time though. That Monarch / PPU is some filthy ammo (unless it was the Winchester white box, but I don't think so). The whole front end of the pistol ended up covered in residue.

My two Pearce +1 extensions (with Glockstore +10% springs) and the Vickers +2 continued to function flawlessly. The only thing that was a little odd is that I can sometimes hear the spring adjusting itself inside the mag with the Vickers +2, but it doesn't seem to affect function. At some point, I'm going to have to risk sacrificing one of the Pearce extensions to do a drop test with a loaded mag, since I've heard some complaints about them popping loose. I really like the feel of the little finger rest and the extra round, so I'm hoping they will continue to be reliable. I'd like to try the TTI extensions also, but it's hard to think about spending more than the cost of the mag itself on a new baseplate.

I may try the Talon grips down the road, but I want to see how things go with the bare factory grip for a while. I used to have a Hogue sleeve on my old G17 Gen 2, and I didn't really care for it because it had a tendency to slide around, either rotating to one side or "choking up" towards the triggerguard. For concealed carry, I generally dislike having anything that makes the grip more sticky, since I've found that it tends to catch on my shirt tail and cause it to ride up.

Edit: I went ahead and ordered the Vickers extended mag release and slide stop to try them out. While I normally release the slide by pulling back over the top with my weak hand, I like to have the option of using the lever, and I can't seem to operate the inset one on the G43. I know some people have had issues with holding down the slide stop with their thumb and preventing it from locking back on an empty mag. If I experience that with the Vickers version, I'll switch back to the factory part.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 03-12-17 at 15:49.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast