Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM 14.5 in Mid-Length (ammo/buffer question)

Feedback Score

BCM 14.5 in Mid-Length (ammo/buffer question)

I've been looking all over M4 and other forums on the internet to try and find answers, but concrete answers seem to be elusive. I was going to do another A4 clone but instead I've planning on buying the BCM 14.5 BFH upper and pairing it with a BCM lower from GandR that comes with an H buffer. I'm wondering if this set up will be reliable when shooting wolf gold, xm193, m855 etc. I probably won't run much steel if any through it at all. Also, will this be a good representation of the mid lengths reputation (soft shooting, reliable, etc)?

Here are the links to what I'm thinking about pairing:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...mid-14-bfh.htm

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=LWR-BCM

Thanks Gents.

Feedback Score
    Knowing BCM's quality it will most likely fall apart in your hands when firing the first rounds...

Once you do a quick search of this forum I' sure your question will be answered, but to sum up your results, your going to love said rifle. Also, read SWAT Magazines article from Pat Rogers https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-...ine-filthy-14/
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    BCM's EAG carbine is a 14.5 mid-length with an H buffer, and a quick search here will reflect that the H/14.5 works great.

You'll love that setup.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    H buffer and Wolf ammo work just fine in my BCM 14.5" middy. Test yours to confirm, but you should be gtg.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    I have the same combination and it works great.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    My 14.5 ELW needs a carbine buffer to run Wolf or Tula. Even some weaker brass .223 won't lock back on the last round if I use an H. Could be a combination of using only flash hiders, too. If you have a brake or compensator you'll have a little more backpressure.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    My 14.5 ELW needs a carbine buffer to run Wolf or Tula. Even some weaker brass .223 won't lock back on the last round if I use an H. Could be a combination of using only flash hiders, too. If you have a brake or compensator you'll have a little more backpressure.
    Bingo. With a device muzzle device that creates lot of back pressure, like a battle comp, you could run an H3 with a sprinco blue.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine runs great with Wolf Gold, Prvi M193, and PMC M855 and an H2.

I don't know anything about Russian 5.56 or Springco springys though.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My 14.5 middy has an H in it and has eaten everything I've fed it thus far. I don't shoot steel case ammo as a rule though so take it FWIW...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Yes, it's not a BCM but my DD 14.5 w/ Battle Comp, Sprinco blue spring and H buffer eats any steel or brass I feed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast