Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy M-LOK Battlerails

Feedback Score
    That's good enough for me. The ability to put some low profile rail covers on it (I have the vtac alpha) would be awesome for extended shooting without gloves.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by global View Post
    That's good enough for me. The ability to put some low profile rail covers on it (I have the vtac alpha) would be awesome for extended shooting without gloves.
    Ill get some pics up too when i get it. Im pretty sure the MLOK version is also a tad bit lighter than an alpha rail of the same length.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooomer96 View Post
    Ill get some pics up too when i get it. Im pretty sure the MLOK version is also a tad bit lighter than an alpha rail of the same length.
    Yeah that would be great. Probably about the weight of the vtac alpha and almost the same look.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'd like to bump this thread.

Any reviews? Pics? Etc.

I'm interested in this rail.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    TALK ABOUT THE RAIL AND BE DONE WITH IT
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This looks like the closest I'm going to get to an MLok BCM KMR.

I've given up on BCM caving on this any time soon, which is to bad. I'd really rather the BCM route existed.

This has the right profile and layout with 7 faces of MLok, like the KMR has with keymod.

I'd like to give the carbon fiber version a shot. Hopefuly combined with a V7 titanium barrel nut this could come close the the weight of the KMR, which i consider its most valuable asset. If not for its liw weight I would have replaced them with geisele mk8 rails which I think is amazing, i only wish it was 4-5 ounces lighter.

I've never had a troy rail, but I'm excited to give this one a try.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

I've given up on BCM caving on this any time soon, which is to bad. I'd really rather the BCM route existed.

This has the right profile and layout with 7 faces of MLok, like the KMR has with keymod.

I'd like to give the carbon fiber version a shot. Hopefuly combined with a V7 titanium barrel nut this could come close the the weight of the KMR, which i consider its most valuable asset. If not for its liw weight I would have replaced them with geisele mk8 rails which I think is amazing, i only wish it was 4-5 ounces lighter.

I see you're looking for 7 mounting surfaces but have you checked out the ALG rails?
    http://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modu...-v2-m-lok.html
    They don't offer 7 surfaces but do offer off set mounting slots. I've also never read about mounting issues with them, as I have about Troy rails. In fact most people who have them seem to say that they have one of the best barrel nut/rail interfaces on the market. They are also slim like the KMR and cheaper than the Troy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I see you're looking for 7 mounting surfaces but have you checked out the ALG rails?
    I have had many recommendations for the ALG rail based on my above statements. While having never handled it I don't love the looks of the mounting systems, and especially don't like that the machine flats onto a round rail. I like that troy instead of doing that to their round Alpha rail they made an octagonal extrusion. It looks nice and clean.

With this weekends 20% off sale from Troy I couldn't pass up grabbing one of these 13" Mlok rails for 160$. I should have it tomorrow based on living a couple hours away from them, unless they don't have it in stock, either way I'm locked into the pricing.

If I like it, and troy releases a carbon version I will pick that up to replace this with. Looking at the weight of the 13" carbon alpha rail, 6.8oz and the V7 titanium barrel nut .78 oz. for a total of under 7.6oz. The 13" BCM KMR is 7.7oz so, this would be exactly what I have been looking for to replace my KMR with. The nice thing about the carbon is its lack of heat absorption, I have over 2.5 oz of rail covers on my KMR do to heat soak in high round count drills at classes, and secondly to hide the ugly key mod, The carbon would save me extra weight only needing to run a vertical grip and no covers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So my order is marked back-ordered, but I am locked into the price. I'll wait patiently I guess.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

KAC is releasing an MLOK URX4 this year.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast