Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: G43 Review

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Even more excellent, thanks
    SF

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ok, one last one. Does the 43 come with the serrated trigger and can it be swapped to a smooth trigger like the rest of the glock's?
    SF

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I also could not shoot the G43 to save my life. I only had maybe 25 rounds with one, but accuracy wasn't at all good, and I would consider myself to typically be a good glock shooter.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post
    Ok, one last one. Does the 43 come with the serrated trigger and can it be swapped to a smooth trigger like the rest of the glock's?
    The G43 trigger w/ trigger bar is unique to the model. There are no other OEM compatibles for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    I also could not shoot the G43 to save my life. I only had maybe 25 rounds with one, but accuracy wasn't at all good, and I would consider myself to typically be a good glock shooter.
    I have struggled a bit with the G43 as well. It remains my issue though, not an inherent accuracy issue in the gun.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I fired groups at 26 yards with Speer 147g GDHP, Federal 124 Hydra Shok and Federal 124g HST today. They were close to groups fired on the first day I owned the Glock 43. Speer 147g GDHP shot a 2-1/4" W x 5" H group, Federal 124g HST shot a 2-3/4 W x 4-1/4" group and Federal 124g Hydra Shok fired a 2-3/4" W x 3-1/2" H group. I could barely see my sights and that was a predominant factor affecting my performance. At 26 yards the groups won't win any competitions, but are not unexpected for a sub compact pistol that will fit in your front pocket.

I met a gentleman at the range who also owned a Glock 43. He had reloads with 147g coated S&S Casting bullets, 3.5 to 3.6 Unique powder, loaded at 1.138" C.O.L. He shot a 1" W x 2-3/4" H group at 26 yards. He then shot at a 6-1/2" H x 6-1/2" W steel plate at 100 yards. He shot at it for a while with some success before I started counting rounds. Once I started counting, I heard steel ring 5 out of 15 shots, which is not bad for a Glock 43 at 100 yards.

I asked the gentleman what he thought of the recoil and he said it was a little more than his Glock 42, but easily manageable. I have to agree. Fast pairs at 8 yards are a breeze.
    Last edited by T2C; 07-26-15 at 21:57.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have owned the G43 for 12 days now. I picked up a Bianchi IWB holster and carry the pistol just forward of 3 o'clock. The trigger pull weight is getting a little lighter as the weapon wears in. I took it out again this morning and passed the 500 round mark. Winchester white box 115g FMJ I shot today seems to recoil less than my reloads and the defensive ammunition.

Groups this morning were pretty good considering the sights are fuzzy and trigger pull weight is 7 lbs. 8 oz. I fired some drills and expended 120 rounds, 100 C.O.M. and 20 B.H.G. The last drills I fired this morning were drawing from concealment and firing 5 rounds center mass in 7 seconds at 15 yards, which opened up the 100 shot group to 7" x 7". I don't think recoil is that bad and timed fire accuracy is reasonable for a pistol of this size.

I did not intend to hijack the thread, but it looks like I did.

Apologies to Sensei.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I've now got right around 1100 rounds through mine in less than a month of ownership (400ish have been hollowpoints) with zero malfunctions.

I don't think I could have better results with any other CCW single stack 9mm design. Kinda funny that I was thumbs down on this pistol when it was first announced....
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I reversed the mag release for my wife, whose whose a lefty and noted now the mag sometimes gets hung up when trying to insert it. Going to the range tomorrow and will see if it smooths out. Wasn't an issue when the mag release was set up for a righty from the factory.

Feedback Score
    For whatever it's worth, got an email from pearce saying their +1 floorplate will be out by the end of this month.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregP220 View Post
    I've now got right around 1100 rounds through mine in less than a month of ownership (400ish have been hollowpoints) with zero malfunctions.

I don't think I could have better results with any other CCW single stack 9mm design. Kinda funny that I was thumbs down on this pistol when it was first announced....
    I have had the pistol 17 days and passed the 1,000 round mark today. I installed Ameriglo CAP sights on the pistol and Speer 124g GDHP groups under 3-1/2" at 26 yards. The pistol runs like a champ and my J Frames feel a little left out, because I carry the Glock 43 about half the time when I leave the house.

Published velocity of the Speer 124g GDHP is 1150 fps. Today it chronographed at 1105 fps Average Velocity out of the Glock 43 at 15 feet from the muzzle. Average velocity is 50 fps faster than 124g Hydra Shok and accuracy is slightly better.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-09-15 at 21:02.
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast