Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO Duty Belt Fixed Blade?

Feedback Score
    KaBar TDI LDK behind my magazines. I had a bigger one made by a knife maker but it was just too big. The KaBar is small enough for the intended purpose. Still have a Blur in my pocket too and a back up gun on my vest.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    My main thought behind it is for pistol retention. Trapping my pistol with my right hand, drawing some sort of fixed blade with my left, and slashing until I can create enough space for safety. I'm thinking a push dagger on my inner belt, just exposed enough behind my duty belt to be grabbed with a purpose.
    i think this is the philosophy behind most duty belt knives. the quick draw push type knives are the best for this application. examples include:

kbar tdi series (or similarly shaped knives)
    sheriff of baghdad puncher (or similarly shaped knives)

the good part of both these knives is ambidextrous draw.

one point to keep in mind when carrying a quick draw knife. if it can be quickly drawn by you it can also be quickly drawn by an attacker. you have to try and conceal the knife somehow or at least keep it center line. duty belt space is precious and keeping things center line means it digs when you're in a car.

this is the reason the socp dagger was developed, but that's more for a vest borne knife and is less effective as a duty belt knife.
    Last edited by trinydex; 05-19-15 at 19:40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12