Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working the CZ P07 Slide

Feedback Score

Working the CZ P07 Slide

After purchasing my P07 and doing the obligatory reliability check, it has become my EDC pistol. However, when I do malfunction drills, I have a real problem with getting good purchase on the slide do to its size and dimensions. It's no big deal for initial loading, and I use the slidelock for reloads.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions besides growing daintier hands to grip the thin slide?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the same issue with the P07. I found it easiest to grasp the slide at the rear in a slingshot grip rather than overhand. I eventually sold the gun because of this as I am accustomed to working the slide in front of the ejection port which was a nonstarter with the P07.

PS: That's in no way inferring that it's not a good gun. Just wasn't compatible with me w/o some real retraining time.

Feedback Score
    Just keep doing it. It will become second nature to keep everything tighter against the hand.

Biggest thing is to use the serrations if they're anything like the 75 compact 40 serrations. You don't have to grab hard so if your a little on the frame it shouldn't matter.

Feedback Score
    I too grab the slide in front of the ejection port. It seems I grab as much of the frame as I do the slide. Mega, have you been able to adjust to the small slides?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    I too grab the slide in front of the ejection port. It seems I grab as much of the frame as I do the slide. Mega, have you been able to adjust to the small slides?
    I had a cz 75 compact 40. I've since moved to the M&P but the cz was my first pistol and took some time to get used to. When I first got it, I could barely cycle the slide, but quickly got it down. I too, grab the front of the slide. Iirc the serrations are the same size.

Feedback Score
    I moved from a Sig 229 to the 07 and I'm loving it. I'll continue working on it. Thank you for the input!

Feedback Score
    It took me a little bit of time to get it. I just grab the slide . I have adapted by gripping the top of the slide as compared to a Glock.
    It for me is a similar grip as other pistol just got use to not having as much hand wrapping around the slide. More of a pinch than before
    I'm probably not explaining it well

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The CZ slides are lower profile than most other pistols which makes gripping them slightly more difficult.

The bigger obstacle to running the slide is the heavy factory recoil spring tension of ~20lbs on the P-07.

BTW, the P-09 and P-07 use the same flatwire spring on different length guide rods.

Many users have replaced this with a lighter spring assembly, but I just left the slide locked back for about 3 weeks as an accelerated break-in.

This reduced the spring force to more normal levels.

Function has been perfect ever since and running the slide is much easier.
    Last edited by Clint; 05-07-15 at 07:19.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Good to know I have that to look forward to, as in the spring giving in a little. I've decided to devote the summer to actually becoming proficient again after letting my abilities seriously atrophy. Hopefully I'll have enough rounds through it for it to loosen up some soon.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Try leaving the slide locked back for a week at a time to see if it softens up.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast