Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.A.D. S.B.R.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

B.A.D. S.B.R.

Just finished my new carbine.

Goal: build my first SBR with quality components.

Intended use: training, home defense, small game.

Details:
    Battle Arms Development forged lower
    Battle arms 45 deg CASS
    Battle arms titanium EPS ion black
    Geissele SD-C trigger
    Umbrella corp lower parts kit
    Magpul BAD lever
    VLTOR A5 reciever extension
    B5 systems trigger guard
    Stark equipment grip
    BCM QD endplate
    BCM gunfighter stock
    BCM M4 upper reciever
    BCM gunfighter charging handle mod4
    Centurion BCG
    Ballistic Advantage 10.3" Hanson profile barrel custom ported to .072"
    Pinned low profile gas block
    Daniel Defense Lite 3 rail 9"
    AAC Blackout flash hider
    Magpul RSA and rail covers
    SOB sling (not pictured)
    ACOG T31

I will probably switch out the ACOG for an Aimpoint or DD iron sights sooner or later for HD purposes, but I want to have some fun with my acog for a bit. I will also put a light on it.

Any comments and criticism is welcome.

Last edited by dentron; 05-05-15 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice! Agree about using a non-magnified optic for HD. But while you have the ACOG on there see if you can find a range that goes out to 500 yards. You may be surprised what a well built SBR can do at distance.

Love the SD-C! It's the only trigger I will use in builds and I want to put one in every rifle I own.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks! Yeah I plan on seeing what it can do before switching optics. I agree on the SD-C, they are the best do-all trigger that I have tried.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Very nice. My next build will be pretty close to this
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Very nice. I'm still waiting on my form 1 to clear for almost the exact same setup for my second SBR.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chingoton13 View Post
    Very nice. I'm still waiting on my form 1 to clear for almost the exact same setup for my second SBR.
    Sweet! What did you do same/different? I haven't shot it in its current configuration with the .072 port and A5, but I did shoot it as a pistol with a .067 port and a carbine reciever extension. It handled nice, but wasn't as flexible with ammo as I would like hence the changes. This was before vltor had the A5 pistol REs, but even with those available, I think a proper stock is worth the stamp.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Exact same lower and lower parts, except for V7 Ti endplate and castle nut and I opted for FDE BCM furniture and an SSA-E. I even just got that same barrel for use on my other SBR, haven't shot it yet though. I look forward to it.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Nice. I think you will like the barrel.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice build!
    The pistol grip is way too funky looking for my tastes, but that's purely personal preference.
    Get some irons on that puppy. Check out the Offset Magpul MBUS Pros. I posted up a brief review of them a bit ago, in case you are curious.
    I think it would work well with your setup, but you would have to move your ACOG forward a bit. You might need the Macedon Defense KRAM to make it work.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Nice build!
    The pistol grip is way too funky looking for my tastes, but that's purely personal preference.
    Get some irons on that puppy. Check out the Offset Magpul MBUS Pros. I posted up a brief review of them a bit ago, in case you are curious.
    I think it would work well with your setup, but you would have to move your ACOG forward a bit. You might need the Macedon Defense KRAM to make it work.
    Yeah irons will come with an aimpoint, or maybe just fixed irons only. Yeah I know the Stark grip gets a lot of hate, but I have tried almost every grip available and it is by far the most comfortable for me. It gets my finger in perfect position on the trigger while maintaining a firm grip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast