Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B.A.D. S.B.R.

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I just submitted my form 1 for a 8.5" 300 blk build. I am trying to decide between a Noveske barrel or going with either the BA Hanson or BA Modern series. I would prefer a pinned gas block so leaning towards either Noveske or Hanson. How do you like your BA barrel? I put 8.5" for the barrel length on my form and the Hanson is 8.3"...not sure if that .2" difference really matters though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Just finished my new carbine.

Goal: build my first SBR with quality components.

Intended use: training, home defense, small game.

Details:
    Battle Arms Development forged lower
    Battle arms 45 deg CASS
    Battle arms titanium EPS ion black
    Geissele SD-C trigger
    Umbrella corp lower parts kit
    Magpul BAD lever
    VLTOR A5 reciever extension
    B5 systems trigger guard
    Stark equipment grip
    BCM QD endplate
    BCM gunfighter stock
    BCM M4 upper reciever
    BCM gunfighter charging handle mod4
    Centurion BCG
    Ballistic Advantage 10.3" Hanson profile barrel custom ported to .072"
    Pinned low profile gas block
    Daniel Defense Lite 3 rail 9"
    AAC Blackout flash hider
    Magpul RSA and rail covers
    SOB sling (not pictured)
    ACOG T31

I will probably switch out the ACOG for an Aimpoint or DD iron sights sooner or later for HD purposes, but I want to have some fun with my acog for a bit. I will also put a light on it.

Any comments and criticism is welcome.

Beautiful build . Great choices in parts, I built one similar using similar parts. I want that lower! One thing that has always driven me crazy about ACOGs is that thumbscrew mount (TA51) that it comes with. First thing I did with mine was replace it with the Bobro mount. I would recommend that mount if you plan on keeping the 'Cog.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Great build! Also, while the ACOG might not be "ideal" for close quarters or home defense, it will work. While serving I was fortunate to attend CQB school twice. Both times I had our issued ACOG on top of my M4 (on the second go round was high shooter). In all honesty the magnification part was a non issue, offsetting the reticle to make up for close shots was worse.

With that being said, PM if you are interested in an Aimpoint Comp M2 w/ Wilcox mount. Its collecting dust and yours for $300 shipped.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for all the nice comments you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MJDGator View Post
    Nice build. I just submitted my form 1 for a 8.5" 300 blk build. I am trying to decide between a Noveske barrel or going with either the BA Hanson or BA Modern series. I would prefer a pinned gas block so leaning towards either Noveske or Hanson. How do you like your BA barrel? I put 8.5" for the barrel length on my form and the Hanson is 8.3"...not sure if that .2" difference really matters though.
    I have never shot a noveske, but i hear they are really nice barrels. The hanson is half the price though....

I do like the pinned gas block.

I don't think the .2" will matter and its my understanding that once you have a sbr lower you can put whatever upper you wamt on it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Beautiful build . Great choices in parts, I built one similar using similar parts. I want that lower! One thing that has always driven me crazy about ACOGs is that thumbscrew mount (TA51) that it comes with. First thing I did with mine was replace it with the Bobro mount. I would recommend that mount if you plan on keeping the 'Cog.
    Thanks!

I like the lower a lot. After having cheap lowers with not the best tolerances, i spent the cash on one that is guaranteed to be in spec.

I dont really have a problem with the acog mount. I would like a bobro, but i think the cash will probabaly go towards a suppressor or something before i upgrade the mount unless it fails or something.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Great build! Also, while the ACOG might not be "ideal" for close quarters or home defense, it will work. While serving I was fortunate to attend CQB school twice. Both times I had our issued ACOG on top of my M4 (on the second go round was high shooter). In all honesty the magnification part was a non issue, offsetting the reticle to make up for close shots was worse.

With that being said, PM if you are interested in an Aimpoint Comp M2 w/ Wilcox mount. Its collecting dust and yours for $300 shipped.
    Thanks!

Yeah, ive been practicing with it and it really isnt that bad.

Thanks for the offer, i may take you up on that if you still have it when i get ready to change it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12