Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Tailor Covert Carry Case Arrived!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Tactical Tailor Covert Carry Case Arrived!

Well, I received my Tactical Tailor 36" Tan Covert Carry Case yesterday. First of all it is fantastic! The quality of this case is first rate and compared to the Eagle CAR-15 case that I sent back(because it was a little too small) it is of equal or better quality. The TT case is constructed of 1000 denier Cordura nylon with 3/8" closed cell foam and heavy duty YKK zippers. It features a large storage compartment on the front with four mag pouches, a carry handle with velcro closure, shoulder strap, and movable velcro straps to hold your weapon secure. The shoulder strap attaches to two nylon D rings, one on each side of the case. The Eagle case had better mag pouches but the TT pouches are OK and could also be used for other things as well. The Eagle case seemed to be heavier and had more padding throughout the construction, but I feel the padding in the TT case is more than adequate. The TT case also does not have molle webbing but I knew that before I ordered the case and If you wanted molle webbing TT would probably do it for a small charge. Another nice feature about this case is there are zippers where they put the foam in so you can take the foam out or possibly add a rigid plastic sheet to make it a hard soft case. Overall this is a very high quality and affordable case($97.75 for the 36" case) and I highly recommend it! These are available at www.tacticaltailor.com and come in sizes ranging from 32"-45" in colors OD, Black, and Tan (32" & 36" only). This certainly won't be my last piece of Tactical Tailor gear!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They've got good people over there, and GW has a highly functional knowledge base in real world equipment use, as well as just an all around good guy.

I'm playing around with one of their plate carriers, and its a nice setup. I need to check out the Covert Carry Case.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mine has a HUGE outside pocket that sags way down if I put so much as a bottle of breakfree in it. Is yours the same way? I've been trying to practically give the thing away for months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Mine has a HUGE outside pocket that sags way down if I put so much as a bottle of breakfree in it. Is yours the same way? I've been trying to practically give the thing away for months.
    Yes, the front pocket is big but not so huge that it would sag very much. I do understand what you are talking about but I don't think it is a problem with my case.

Feedback Score
    It's a nice looking case, but what's covert about it?

Stephen

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've got the same one in OD. I haven't had the issue with the front pocket sagging but I've not tried carrying anything in there other than the mags in the mag pockets. I think the compartment is meant more to be a cover for the mag pouches than a stand alone pouch -- If they'd have included some webbing on either side it would be nice to be able to organize some gear in there. I would agree that it's a lot of wasted space. Even running the loose mag pouches the full length of the compartment would add a lot of utility.

Rob if you'd like I'll pm you my address for proper disposal
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    It's a nice looking case, but what's covert about it? Stephen
    Covert = Rectangle, Not Black
    See also: Discrete

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    i like free things...
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Covert = Rectangle, Not Black
    See also: Discrete

How about a Black case with "Roland Keyboards" and their logo embroidered across it? A gun sized case in "we're fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan right now" khaki is not covert to me.

Like I said though, good looking case at a great price. I'm just grumpy because of the heat down here in the SE

Stephen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    How about a Black case with "Roland Keyboards" and their logo embroidered across it?
    That would work.

Though, I like to add reduced/limited theft potential as a criteria, too.

A gun sized case in "we're fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan right now" khaki is not covert to me.
    Agreed.

Like I said though, good looking case at a great price. I'm just grumpy because of the heat down here in the SE
    But is it a dry heat?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast