Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CZ-75 - Talk me in to one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556A2 View Post
    I would never pick a CZ-75 over a 92FS or P226*.

They are good pistols, but very underwhelming compared to their contemporaries.

*Unless you want Condition 1 carry.
    I find the cz recoil much easier to get accurate follows with over the sig. I also find Czs easier to conceal than Beretta and they have "proper" safety/decocker placement. Ymmv.

Cz is, IMO, the best way to get a reliable, low cost 9mm double stack sao. I don't like da/sa so take it for what it's worth. I shoot and carry an m&p 40 these days.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-15-15 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    If I had to use a DA/SA, CZ would be it. Trigger is like an old DA S&W.

Decocking them makes me a bit uneasy however.

SP-01 Shadow customs from CJW or CZCS are really nice.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    I'm a shoot what you like guy. I had a Beretta 92fs since the 90s. Got a good deal on some mags back in the ban days. Night sights went dead a long time ago and tooltech was my only option to get them replaced. Wanted something different. Sold it and got the CZ. With the Winthrop Holster the CZ is much more concealable than I thought it would be. Great accurate gun. In some drills I would occasionally flip the safety on the Beretta. If you like 1911s, you'll like CZs. I like it better, I shoot it better. Don't have much experience with Sig. Looked at getting one but their QC issues scared me away.

Feedback Score
    I have a '91 CZ 75 that I used to shoot exclusively in competition. I didn't keep accurate round counts but judging from my bullet orders in that time period I must have put at least 10,000 rounds through it in a 5 year period. Not high volume but above the average gun owner. Wore out lots of mag springs, a few recoil springs, mag followers, mag bodies and one sear. The gun is loose now but still shoots reliably. I keep a spare mag release for it even though no parts ever broke. I did a one day Super Dave class with it, shot 1000 rounds in 6 hours then took it to a match the next day without cleaning where it functioned without fault.
    I carry something else but my CZ has been a very good performer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with the comment above that if you are looking for a range toy, get the full size. The SP01 Tactical would be a great option there. If you are looking for concealed carry, the P01 would work well in 9mm. Its a great little gun. HBE Leatherworks makes nice holsters for it, if you decide to go that route.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forgive the slight hijack...but I feel it is germane to the CZ line of pistols.
    I'm indifferent to the 75. It's yet another 9mm amongst a glut of 9mms. And if it isn't a Glock or something I just grew up with then I find yet another 9mm plus magazines to be a bit of a waste.
    Shot the 75...it was alright I guess. Like a Hi Power. I know back years ago that GIs brought them back from Europe and were a status symbol for a minute. Not military so I don't know if soldiers can still buy weapons and bring them back. I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, that said, I have always wanted a CZ-97. A hi power-esque .45. However, I have never seen one in the wild and most people I've talked to insist they don't exist or are just unavailable. I know they are in CZ USAs catalog but I have too many projects at the moment and would prefer to handle one before buying off the internet to see if it is something I would actually want and just don't have assumptions based on pictures and internet reviews/lies

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Anyway, that said, I have always wanted a CZ-97. A hi power-esque .45. However, I have never seen one in the wild and most people I've talked to insist they don't exist or are just unavailable. I know they are in CZ USAs catalog but I have too many projects at the moment and would prefer to handle one before buying off the internet to see if it is something I would actually want and just don't have assumptions based on pictures and internet reviews/lies
    I just bought a new 97B from a dealer on Gunbroker. They are now coming with thin aluminum grips and a fiber optic front sight. I shot it for the first time recently, and am very impressed with accuracy and function out of the box. The fit and finish are great also. I am happy with it. I have owned CZ's since the mid 90's, and currently have a 75B, 75D PCR (lightweight, compact) which is my carry gun, a Kadet Kit .22 conversion unit and a dedicated Kadet Pistol. They are all fantastic shooters, and still a good value. My Sigs sit in the safe and will probably get sold.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    Here's the CZ I'd talk you into:

Plouffedaddy,

Thanks to you I have officially doubled the budget for this purchase . After watching your video a few times and getting some trigger time on a few rental guns I have started the hunt for an SP01 shadow target model. The stock 75s I fired were phenomenal shooters but theres a little voice in the back of my head that keeps me wondering how wonderful a custom shop gun would be. The hunt continues!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234