Thread: I have this old knife...and want to know more

Feedback Score

I have this old knife...and want to know more

I recently got an old/older knife as a gift. It is a "Marbles" from when the made them in Gladstone, Michigan. I have heard that the original knifes are of great quality and this one looks real nice to me. it is supposedly all hand made. I don't know much about it and eith dose the guy who gave it to me as a gift. it was in his family for a while....I think it was his dads and his dad is in his 80s. I know it cant be really old because the original knifes had the name stamped into it and mine has the name etched into it. I have looked all over the internet and cant seen to find a picture of the same knife I have. nothing even close.

My question. I cant seem to find a way to get ahold of Marble knifes so do you know of any other company or person that could help me out with learn a little more about this knife?
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Your best bet would be to post your question on www.bladeforums.com.

There are many very knowledgeable knife nuts on that site

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The recommendation to put it on Bladeforums is good advice. I don't see it being worth much money due to condition.

It's definitely flat ground and appears to be discolored/ tarnished which leads me to believe it's carbon steel (non-stainless). The handle is diamondwood (pakkawood) laminate.

This is strictly a guess, but I would say it's probably 1980s or newer. Probably made by Camillus for the Marbles name but that's speculation. I'm not an expert on the history of Marbles knives but I think it's of relatively modern vintage.

Feedback Score
    I know its kind of an old thread, but I had heard the Marbles factory closed down somewhat recently. The local knife shop guy said so and even had "the last blank from the factory". It was a bowie type shape
    That's all I go got

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMW89 View Post
    I know its kind of an old thread, but I had heard the Marbles factory closed down somewhat recently. The local knife shop guy said so and even had "the last blank from the factory". It was a bowie type shape
    That's all I go got
    I did know that they were no longer made in Michigan. I saw that they became a China made knife for a while after that and obviously that turned them into junk.

Thanks for the info though. I have stopped the reader u after seeing that the price on them bergs a LOT. It's all a matter of who will pay how much for something like that. I plan on keeping it forever. When I get back into deer hunting I will most definitely dress the first deer with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DAMN. ANOTHER old timey high quality American Company gone to shit...now gone for good. Marbles made all kinds of really good stuff, knives, axes, saws...lots of stuff. Was a name you could count on. Get the USA MADE stuff where/when you can, is my advice.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.