Thread: Clinch Picks are available

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Clinch Picks are available

Already sold out

Just a heads up if you want a clinch pick. Looks like the trainers are already gone

http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/S...ks-Clinch-Pick
    Last edited by MGWS; 06-20-15 at 02:40. Reason: update availability

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    A nice knife with a very useful design. I have a set and like them.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I though't I'd contribute. I've carried clinch pick knives for work, and I have nothing but good things to say. There's a maker in San Jose, CA named Ban that is licensed and contracted with SouthNarc to make semi-custom clinch picks that are of higher quality than the TAD gear Chinese made ones. I've had two versions of his knives. Both are dual edge. One is silver in color, S35 (if i recall) with canvas micarta handles. The second is DLC coated with black G10 and carbon fiber pins (less bling for a bit more covert view). http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/
    IMG_5210-a.jpg
    IMG_2598-a.jpg
    IMG_2599-a.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandre212 View Post
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I though't I'd contribute. I've carried clinch pick knives for work, and I have nothing but good things to say. There's a maker in San Jose, CA named Ban that is licensed and contracted with SouthNarc to make semi-custom clinch picks that are of higher quality than the TAD gear Chinese made ones. I've had two versions of his knives. Both are dual edge. One is silver in color, S35 (if i recall) with canvas micarta handles. The second is DLC coated with black G10 and carbon fiber pins (less bling for a bit more covert view). http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/
    IMG_5210-a.jpg
    IMG_2598-a.jpg
    IMG_2599-a.jpg
    I've been looking at the dual edge for a while but end up buying ammo with the $ every time I'm about to pull the trigger on one. How does the dual edge carry compared to the original clinch pick? How would you rate Ban's sheaths? I have sheaths from darkstar and phlster on order for the original.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I've been looking at the dual edge for a while but end up buying ammo with the $ every time I'm about to pull the trigger on one. How does the dual edge carry compared to the original clinch pick? How would you rate Ban's sheaths? I have sheaths from darkstar and phlster on order for the original.
    Be careful. Based on an individual's state of residence a dual edge may not be legal for carry. To own, yes, but carrying in public could be a risk that simply having an extra edge may not be worth.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Michigan being one of them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Be careful. Based on an individual's state of residence a dual edge may not be legal for carry. To own, yes, but carrying in public could be a risk that simply having an extra edge may not be worth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I prefer the dual edge because I dont sabre grip my knives and I feel its more useful for self defense. With an 11oclock carry, and the handle at a near vertical, I can draw and forward grip with my right hand, but both forward and reverse grip with my left hand drawing. I can both pikal rip, as well as slash, stab, and push cut with a forward grip.

Ive only had a Dan Brown kydex knife sheath to comapre it to, but id say its just as good as Dan's. More importantly, I had a Paul Moore BoB clinch pick before, and unlike the BoB, Ban removes all the sharp egdes on the knife so each drawstroke doesnt shave kydex fron the sheath, ultimately leaving you no retention.
    Because i open carry, i always feel like I could use more retention than what kydex gives.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Texas is another state that restricts double-edged knives. They fall into the category of "dirk, dagger or poniard" under the list of weapons of dubious virtue.

And Ban Tang does make awesome knives. I have a Clinch Pick and trainer, and like them a great deal.

Feedback Score
    Well, Ban does also make single edged versions. =D