Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom glock backplates, distraction?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There are others with the flag and less "aggressive" themes. I don't recommend them as I've had to beat an out of spec one off of a buddy's slide. Checked a couple others, and they were all the same- these were ordered from Brownells( don't remember name brand)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Funny, I recently bought a never used set of G19/G26 pistols. Both had NiB slides standard black polymer frame, that the previous owner "pimped" out with aftermarket stainless slide release, all manner of sights, any and all type of useless "bling" including a back plate that said something cute like "smile, wait for flash' on the G26 and zombie something on the G19. I fired the guns once with all the flashy parts installed but didn't notice the backplates because of the 3 ring circus going on with everything else, i.e. extended ported bbl, mag release dropping mags for no reason, etc. I stripped everything off and went Trijicon HDs, Vickers slide stop, Vickers mag release and a bunch of standard parts were reinstalled including the backplates. Luckily he had saved all those "plain jane" parts and had done zero "surgery" to frames or slides but as he said that was next in line on his to do list for those guns. I sold all those "bling" parts but absolutely no one wanted those "custom " back plates at all!
    Last edited by GNXII; 05-10-15 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    I think any image on the back of a Glock slide would be a huge distraction.

Won't do it....sorry.

Besides...it really brings nothing to the table....so off my gun it stays.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one that I had custom done. I hit it with some alumiblack. I dont find it distracting at all.

*edit to add mine doesn't have some whitty saying or skull. Just says my holster companies name.
    Last edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5; 05-11-15 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    They're dumb on three levels. One, they cost money to replace an OEM part that works with pretty much 100% reliability, two, they pull your eye off the front sight, and three they aren't going to help in a courtroom, should it ever come to that. Upside?
    This was what I was going to post as well.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    LAV says they are a no-go because they draw the eye away from the sights and threat.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Nobody thinks that it's just lame?

#lameashell #mallninja #whywouldyouever

I think it's exceptionally lame. So I'm at the range and this cadet cap, air max wearing, tap out guy has a glock with a reaper on the back plate. Lame. Forgive me for my basketball shorts and flip flops and my xd9.

Super distracting even if you aren't shooting it. I couldn't stop staring. I was like oh man that's so cool. And then I realized that my 3 year old wanted me to paint his orange cap gun last week FDE, so I checked back into reality and decided that is rather have another box of ammo.

Stipple a cheeseburger on the grip.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 05-11-15 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was going to get a Punisher skull, just so everyone would know I was #forrealz, but my mom said I wouldn't have enough of my allowance left over to buy the BSA red dot for my SKS if I did. Besides, the velcro strap on my universal holster with an extra clip holder on the front covers it, so no one at the open carry rally would even see it...

On a serious note, I could see maybe the US Flag or a military branch logo, but frankly between t-shirts, bumper stickers, Facebook pages, etc., there are so many other ways to express yourself that the back plate of a gun that almost no one will ever see if you're doing it right. Between the distractions while shooting, the possibility of an out-of-spec part, and the questions a criminal or civil jury may ask, it seems like it's all downsides, no upside...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Everybody wants a gun that's effective and looks good, too. (Anybody who tells you they don't want their gun to look good/cool is a liar.)

But if you want to express yourself through your pistol, a Glock is probably not the best choice for DIY expression. Have the slide engraved or cerakote it or whatever. If you want to do some DIY self-expression, buy a Beretta or a surplus Hi-Power.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Punisher skull on handgun tells me everything I need to know about the owner.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast