Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom glock backplates, distraction?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    They're dumb on three levels. One, they cost money to replace an OEM part that works with pretty much 100% reliability, two, they pull your eye off the front sight, and three they aren't going to help in a courtroom, should it ever come to that. Upside?
    Spot on

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm all for customization, but being a utilitarian I'd spend the effort on swapping parts that can improve functionality. Pretty pictures and such directly under your sights are a risk. Even if they only need to distract you 1 time out of a gazillion reps they could get you killed it that 1 time was on a 2 way range. IMO not worth it. Plus most of them are cheesy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah like I said the second I brought the gun up all I could focus on was the backplate. Shocked that so many people use them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I used to have an assault life sticker on my back window along with many others that are now peeled off. I am not that guy. Sure it looks cool but I was a rolling advertisement for owning guns. Should I be ashamed of owning a gun? No. Should I care how others feel about me owning a gun? No. But does it increase chances of breaking into my truck to see what's onder the seat or in the tool box? Yes. I felt like a target so I peeled it all off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't notice mine at all when shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I was going to get a Punisher skull, just so everyone would know I was #forrealz, but my mom said I wouldn't have enough of my allowance left over to buy the BSA red dot for my SKS if I did. Besides, the velcro strap on my universal holster with an extra clip holder on the front covers it, so no one at the open carry rally would even see it...
    *applause*
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I've never messed with one before, but I could see that being an issue. The DoucheFactor is very high with those things.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I consider them to be about the same as morale patches in terms of the reason for them. The difference is, morale patches aren't going to hinder how you fire your weapon.

Feedback Score
    Adding one just does not bring a damn thing to the table.

Unlike changing triggers or adding a Vickers mag release button or slide stop or maybe mag base plates. Does not make any part of the gun handle better or improve performance.

The back plate does not improve the useability of the pistol so it stays off my Glocks...sorry.

I have always thought that was the beauty of the Glock platform - it needs very little in upgrades to make it fly right.

Want to tinker and play around? Go get a 1911! LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmSMG View Post
    Well it's purely for looks, so everyone's tastes vary.
    Yes, but...

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    They're dumb on three levels. One, they cost money to replace an OEM part that works with pretty much 100% reliability, two, they pull your eye off the front sight, and three they aren't going to help in a courtroom, should it ever come to that. Upside?
    Amen to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I was going to get a Punisher skull, just so everyone would know I was #forrealz, but my mom said I wouldn't have enough of my allowance left over to buy the BSA red dot for my SKS if I did. Besides, the velcro strap on my universal holster with an extra clip holder on the front covers it, so no one at the open carry rally would even see it...
    LOL, and don't forget you need to save money to have the inside of your Del-Ton's dust cover engraved with your favorite pithy statement...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast