Thread: Tell me I did right in choosing....

Feedback Score

Tell me I did right in choosing....

the Geissele Service Rifle trigger over the DMR.

I was afraid that the DMR would just be too light for a "fighting gun".

If I were to build an SPR type gun, I'd have chosen the DMR....

Did I do right?

Feedback Score
    Good grief, ANOTHER question about "DID I do right" instead of "SHOULD I do this in the future?" You've been picking up too many of my bad habits!

I think the Service trigger is just the right weight at 4.5 pounds. It's an excellent two-stage pull with most of the wight on the first stage, but not so light as to be ND-prone. If ALL you do with your rifle is precision shooting, then the DMR or Match trigger may suit you better. But try the Service weight first, which is what you got anyway, so you made a good choice, whether you meant to or not.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You did fine, I prefer a heavier trigger as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do we really need two threads about this? I've got poor impulse control too, but I'm not going to admit it to you guys more than once

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The DMR is not too light, I run it in my Recce. My Match trigger is light If you want to change the spring weight of the Service, get the DMR springs. The only difference in the three Hi-Speed triggers is the spring set.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    beautiful. thanks guys. i figured as much, i just like the added reassurance.

want to do this one right.

wait till y'all see this thing.