Thread: ArmaLite AR-10B retro/modern build... requesting advice on one aspect

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

ArmaLite AR-10B retro/modern build... requesting advice on one aspect

So here is my 2004 retro style top charging AR10B. Love this rifle. Found it at a gun show and I knew that I had to have it. I ditched the original A2 stock and grip that it came with because they just don't belong, and are not very ergonomic. I swapped the stock for a Cavalry A1 and RIT dyed it to match. I did the same with a Tango Down BG17 pistol grip, Duckbill grip, and Magpul MLOK MOE handguard. The Magpul handguard is just for fun, as I can mount my Scout light and bipod if necessary. Generally, the rifle will be wearing the Sudanese handguards.
    But the pistol grip I'm just undecided on. At first I was set on the BG17, but it just seems so modern looking, with that raised backstrap. The Duckbill grip seemed like a good idea, but after trying it out, I'm not sure if it fits the bill (no pun intended) really. It lacks storage, and while it is pretty close to the A1 grip, it doesn't look much like the original AR10 grip.
    Right now, I'm highly considering getting a Tango Down BG16 because it kind of looks a little retro, but also has storage which is nice, plus its very comfortable and ergonomic.
    Other than that, I'm also considering an FDE A1 pistol grip from Accurate Armory, but I think I'll feel the same about that as I do about the Duckbill grip.
    AA A1:
    http://accuratearmory.com/ShopOnline...%2CProductName
    TD BG16:
    https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-battlegrip-bg-16/
    What do you all think? Again, I'm going for that retro look, but I also want usefulness. I value storage, as well as that little tab that covers the trigger guard gap. It must be in FDE so that it can be dyed.
    So, in your valued opinions, what pistol grip looks most like the original AR10 pistol grip OR meshes with the rifle lines best?
    Last edited by masakari; 05-09-15 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    The Duckbill looks more authentic although the M16 FSB gives it away.

Feedback Score
    Good job with the Rit Dye and all, but I don't get taking retro gun and putting modern stuff on it...

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Good job with the Rit Dye and all, but I don't get taking retro gun and putting modern stuff on it...
    Well It came with the wrong pistol grip abd stock, so I'm bringing it back as best I can.