Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Times Article Concerning Glock Pistols

Feedback Score
    Dangerous weapons are dangerous? Who knew..? A super heavy pull will result in more misses in the field, lower qualification scores and a reduced number of those of small stature, small or weaker hands actually qualifying.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I honestly could not nor would I want to imagine police work without a Glock.

The old days of Model 10 .38s and Winchester 1300 shotguns were grand times indeed.

But with everyone who has a choice getting a Glock; this article smacks of sensationalism.
    I'm not saying police need to kit out like basic infantry but they should have good gear. M4s, good shotguns, and training.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    AZ DPS accidentally killed a suspect in the 80s or 90s when an officer was holding his SIG P220 in one hand (finger on the trigger) and grabbed the suspect with the other hand, causing a sympathetic-reflex discharge. Likewise, there is the video floating around of the LVMPD Officer having an ND that nearly kills a suspect. She was carrying a Beretta. As others have pointed out, there isn't a trigger pull heavy enough to counter negligent weapons handling.

About a year and a half ago a Peoria (AZ) PD SWAT officer told me that their SWAT team was being issued 1911s (SIGs, I believe) because they wanted a weapon with a manual safety since they were having too many negligent discharges with their Glocks. I wonder if any agency heads will cite this article when making a similar decision to fix software problems with new hardware...

Beyond the simple ignorance of this article, it amazes me that someone who runs a pro-Second Amendment website would write something that is so harmful to the idea of responsible gun ownership. But hey, his mommy can hang the article on the fridge and is so proud of her little boy for getting his name in a big newspaper, so what else matters?
    Last edited by jck397; 05-11-15 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    Some people (author of this article) just have to talk to hear the sound of their voice.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is not an article from the LA Times and it wasn't written by a "journalist". It is an "Op Ed" (Letter to the Editor) from a guy who runs a blog called bearingarms.com. It's just some guy's opinion which I couldn't care less about. Who knows why they published it? Who really cares? This is not news. It's the opinion of a guy who doesn't like Glocks.
    Last edited by DWood; 05-11-15 at 18:07.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    They published it because, to the sheep, the author is ostensibly a "gun guy" who is anti-Glock (and we all know that all evil guns are synonymous with Glock) and he's trying to "make our cops safer for the public" yadda yadda. He pandered right to the antis and off the presses it went... nice way to get hits on his blog though. You can read his continuance of the diatribe here (if you don't mind giving him clicks):

http://bearingarms.com/wrong-gun-pop...ement-mistake/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12