Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Report: Smith & Wesson M&P9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.

Feedback Score
    I've never been able to get decent accuracy from any M&P, especially the 9mm model. I mostly blame the trigger.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    I replaced the factory installed sights for a combination that gives me POA = POI using the top of the front sight blade (not the dot.)

If you don't mind me asking, what sights and corresponding sight number? Sig 226 uses #8 frt and rear or did you go by actual measurements?

Thanks again.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what sights and corresponding sight number?
    For my P226 Stainless (which obviously weighs more than a standard P226) I'm using a factory #9 front sight and factory #10 rear sight.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the eval. I was looking at the M&P's as Glocks do not fit my hand well. I guess I will stick with my 1911 if I want that kind of accuracy.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For my P226 Stainless (which obviously weighs more than a standard P226) I'm using a factory #9 front sight and factory #10 rear sight.
    Thank You Sir..
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Question for the original poster Molon:

Well, first the comment. Good shooting and good accuracy there.

Now the question. Have you done any timed fire including the draw from the holster? I'm curious in the red dot sight's acquisition speed. What's the time to draw and hit an 8" circle at 7 yards?
    I'm not the OP, so please excuse if you only wanted Molon's answer. I have done a significant amount of shooting and testing of red dots on my 5" CORE lately. I was much slower at first. I have since learned to draw out and drive the gun towards the target, finding the front sight. This technique, as opposed to looking for the dot, has always put my dot right on the target. I have shot around 1100 rounds through my CORE in the last month. I'm running the Leupold DeltaPoint, not the Trijicon RMR. I'm getting draw to first round hits at 1.23. Bill Drills at 2.09. Splits at .18 with my set up.

I was very leery of the red dots on handguns in the beginning. I have since become a huge fan. I'm shooting Bill Drills faster with my DeltaPoint CORE than with my VP9.

I don't want to stray from the topic, and I'm not trying to step on Molon's post. I just offer this info up because I have done a fair bit of testing with this set up of late.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mr. Vegas:

You hit a homerun with your response. I was looking for that kind of data. Thank you. For awhile I only heard crickets

I've always wanted to know the trick to picking up the dot quickly. Being an iron sight pistol shooter for over 30 years, it's hard learning new tricks.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glad it was helpful. ��

Feedback Score

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score

Molon, this is cruel.

Well, it looks good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast