Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New York City laws

Feedback Score

New York City laws

Is it legal to sell and ship an SBR upper to a citizen of NYC? I was contacted by someone who wanted to buy an upper I had listed on Gunbroker. He said he'd buy it if I lowered my Buy Now price, but by the time we agreed on a price, the auction had ended. He said he would still buy it, and offered to buy it direct from me so I wouldn't have to pay the transaction fees. Later, I learned he lives in NYC. So, is it legal for me to sell it and ship it to him?

Keep in mind, it is just an upper, and not a complete weapon. However, it has an 8.5" barrel.
    Last edited by MajorLonghorn; 02-09-16 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know all NFA weapons are outlawed. Not sure how it works with an upper with an 8 in barrel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's totally legal for you. It's not a gun; it's gun parts. If he has a registered pistol lower he could possess it - short barrel AR uppers aren't always NFA-related.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are pistol lowers legal there?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It is just parts.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It "may" not be illegal for you to ship it to them, but it's almost a certainty that it will be illegal for them to assemble into a working "assault weapon" in NYC. They do not follow federal gun laws in NYC. Never have, never will.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If they can't have it, that means that your shipping illegal goods to someone who is planning to commit a criminal act. I'm all for thumbing your nose at the powers to be for violating our God given rights, but you have no idea what illegal acts they may be planning and it's up to you if you feel comfortable with potentially aiding that. If it was someone I knew was simply taking a stand, perhaps I'd be willing to help facilitate that but how can you know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds illegal to me. Pretty sure "all NFA rules apply" when buying just an upper or short barrel from most manufactures. NY wont care if its just an upper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Parts is parts.

I am unaware of any place that regulates barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im not sure about everyone but I know Noveseke says "all NFA rules apply" on barrel only purchases. Im thinking any manufacturer would think twice about shipping anything of the sort to NY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast