Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One suppressor for multi uppers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I'm not a big believer in 1 can for everything, I think it's a foolish way to go about things... But if I was limited to 1 can, I'd take a Surefire SOCOM 762 mini.
    I tend to agree with this. One can is really limiting yourself, its like owning one gun. That being said, if I could only own one rifle can, it would be the SOCOM 762 Mini. Its not the lightest, not the quietest, but IMO it has the best mounting system, its a good size, and its plenty quiet for me.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bringing this back up, as I am also looking for something similar.

Looking for more information on this! Anyone using the 300SPS? I am interested in using one suppressor for 243 bolt gun and 5.56 right now with a possibility of more in the future. What are the other options? Would the SOCOM 6.8 be better for the 243 and down to the 5.56? Looks like surefire is not making the 6.8 SOCOM in the Gen 2 Looking for end mount interoperability among the weapons.
    Silencerco Saker 7.62
    Surefire SPS300
    Gem tech ONE
    Last edited by krm375; 02-14-16 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I'm not a big believer in 1 can for everything, I think it's a foolish way to go about things... But if I was limited to 1 can, I'd take a Surefire SOCOM 762 mini.
    While I technically agree that it's better to have a dedicated can for whatever caliber you intend to shoot, not everyone has the disposable income to spend on multiple cans for each firearm. A one can solution makes sense for a lot of guys until they can afford to buy more. I'm sure more people would do this if cans didn't cost between $500 - $1500 a pop, not to mention the NFA hurdle and wait times.

OP, I finally broke down and purchased a Saker 7.62 last year after years of convincing myself that I didn't need one. It currently serves three hosts chambered in 5.56, .300 BLK and .308/7.62. After looking at all the options available out there and comparing features and price points, I always kept coming back to the Saker and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I'm already saving up for the next one. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I am taking a one-can approach. Multiple cans is a luxury I can worry about after I have some more important priorities taken care of, like getting all set up with a PVS-14 and clip-on NV for the scoped setups. For now, one can with QD muzzle devices on all my rifles adds as much capability as possible for the money. I went with the Silencerco Omega... it just came in over the weekend. It will be used on 5.56, .300 AAC, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 7.62x51 rifles. It was the best combination of light weight, small size, multiple caliber versatility, and price that I could find when I bought it last year.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    While I technically agree that it's better to have a dedicated can for whatever caliber you intend to shoot, not everyone has the disposable income to spend on multiple cans for each firearm. A one can solution makes sense for a lot of guys until they can afford to buy more. I'm sure more people would do this if cans didn't cost between $500 - $1500 a pop, not to mention the NFA hurdle and wait times.

OP, I finally broke down and purchased a Saker 7.62 last year after years of convincing myself that I didn't need one. It currently serves three hosts chambered in 5.56, .300 BLK and .308/7.62. After looking at all the options available out there and comparing features and price points, I always kept coming back to the Saker and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I'm already saving up for the next one. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    Yes, dedicated, or semi-dedicated cans are better. And Yes, for most people, a sensible multicaliber can is pretty legit.

The Omega seems to be a fairly solid "one can". The Hybrid imo is not. The Saker seems good, but I'd be concerned with SiCo walking away from the non-ASR muzzle brake (god I hate their overlapping acronyms for things, I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what a trifecta is). I don't think you can really go wrong with any of these. I like Surefires. Haven't really looked into the DeadAir or Rugged rifle cans, but all said, the SiCo ecosystem does allow for the largest selection of cans with the same mount.

I think the mistake is that NFA can ever be a poor man's game, and a place you can "save money".

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Yes, dedicated, or semi-dedicated cans are better. And Yes, for most people, a sensible multicaliber can is pretty legit.

The Omega seems to be a fairly solid "one can". The Hybrid imo is not.

I think the mistake is that NFA can ever be a poor man's game, and a place you can "save money".
    The SiCo Hybrid and the Griffin Optimus do intrigue me, I agree that they may not be the best serious use can, but for many of us who cant afford 3 or more cans plus stamps they are a viable option.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    but I'd be concerned with SiCo walking away from the non-ASR muzzle brake

I considered this as well, but I'm hanging on to the Trifecta mounts I'm currently invested in. Even if SiCo drops the Trifecta mounting system in order to get after a more unified mounting approach in their line-up, I'll have to consider it before swapping out everything for the ASR. I see no real benefit of changing unless I plan to buy more ASR equipped cans.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Do you own any other cans?

I think you need to prioritize your needs based on suppression, weight, blowback, durability, mounting solutions, etc.. and then make the choice that best aligns with your needs. There is a ton of data here on how to prioritize your needs and from there go do research.

The problem with asking a forum what can to buy is most people only have one 30 cal can so they will generally tell you to buy the one they own. If you can go to a suppressor shoot hosted by a local dealer this would be a huge help in getting a good feel for the state of 30 cal cans at the moment.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I went with the Omega personally. I use it on 300blk and 5.56 and really enjoy it. I don't think you'd go wrong with most of the choices given to you in this thread.

Feedback Score
    You may want to wait and see how the Griffin Armament Alpha pans out. Looks like a taper mount 30cal can with interchangable end caps. And it is user serviceable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast