Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Air Armament Sandman S

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ast View Post
    Fireman, seeing as you've tested both, how does this compare to the SiCo Omega? I was curious as to the tone and mounts. I appreciate the reviews you've done. IMO they're the best suppressor videos on Youtube.
    I need to shoot them side by side to judge that. They both have great tone! You really can't go wrong with either. And I really appreciate the compliment, it means a lot!
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I watched your videos on the Dead Air Sandman S and the SiCo Omega and Saker. I was wondering if you have had time to shoot them all side by side for a comparison yet and if so what were your impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    I need to shoot them side by side to judge that. They both have great tone! You really can't go wrong with either. And I really appreciate the compliment, it means a lot!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First of all, your reviews are incredible and always my first stop for all things NFA. I am SERIOUSLY thinking about a Sandman-S for my duty MK18, and would like to know your thoughts on putting a .30 cal can on such a short set up. The Mask-22 has me won hands down for a .22 can at this point, which I will be ordering as soon as I can make a decision on the work can.
    "Most of the things you read on internet gun websites is just bullshit anyway" Plato 315 B.C.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I watched your videos on the Dead Air Sandman S and the SiCo Omega and Saker. I was wondering if you have had time to shoot them all side by side for a comparison yet and if so what were your impressions?
    I'll second the above request. Keep up the great work.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXinfidel View Post
    First of all, your reviews are incredible and always my first stop for all things NFA. I am SERIOUSLY thinking about a Sandman-S for my duty MK18, and would like to know your thoughts on putting a .30 cal can on such a short set up. The Mask-22 has me won hands down for a .22 can at this point, which I will be ordering as soon as I can make a decision on the work can.
    Thank you! The videos uploaded in the last 6 months are the new format with new camera gear and microphone. It's quite the upgrade from where I started.

As far as the Sandman-S it will sound great. The overbore will lessen the backpressure and you'll get less port pop and better perceived sound to the shooter.

PS stay tuned to https://www.full30.com/channels/nfareview in the coming weeks
    Last edited by Fireman1291; 12-17-15 at 12:00.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Dead Air is local to me, and Mike Pappas came up to a suppressor demo day that I organized through the range I work at. Both of the Sandman cans were very impressive. You mentioned the tone-and I agree completely. We were shooting the L on a 300 win mag, and I have never shot a suppressed 300 win that sounded so easy on the ears. I had been pretty set on getting at Omega after trying it out, but in my opinion, the Sandman is a superior suppressor, and I'm saving my pennies for it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any time with the Sandman-Ti? I can get a solid mil discount putting the Ti under $600, trying to determine how well it stacks up against the L....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am getting a Sandman S. I plan on running it a 10.5 upper in 5.56. It has a carbine gas system with a 0.088 gas port. Do you guys forsee in problems running it suppressed? It runs flawless unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    .088 is biiiigggg for a 10.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    .088 is biiiigggg for a 10.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon i will need an adjustable gas block to make it run right? This will be my first suppressor and I been studying hard but have no hands on experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast