Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new CZ 1911s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guessing here, but my instinct tells me that this pistol will have some parts that are "other than forged". Ruger's type of investment casting would be an example. Stamped parts would qualify for inclusion in the non MIM category. One can expect that CZ will out source parts production. China, Turkey, Russia, and the Philippines come to mind. CZ could find themselves in a situation where they must put together a labor intensive product with parts having wide tolerance variation.

Feedback Score
    All 1911s have "other than forged" parts in them. No one makes a forged grip safety. Most are MIM, some are Cast, and even the Wilson Bulletproof is machined from bar stock. I'm not aware of a forged barrel bushing or hammer either.
    Last edited by NWcityguy2; 05-21-15 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good point. My use of the term forged was incorrect. I know better.

If CZ can make a good 1911 and price it right, I'd want one and not fret about MIM stuff.

Feedback Score
    any feedback coming out yet?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm under the impression that the important small parts are tool steel.

Feedback Score
    For their Dan Wesson side that is true. We'll see if they are the same for the CZ guns.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    I guessing here, but my instinct tells me that this pistol will have some parts that are "other than forged". Ruger's type of investment casting would be an example.
    Starting to see some respect locally for Ruger's 1911 frames as they eliminate separate plunger tubes, etc. Ie: may have some offsetting advantages.

Anyone seen any real data to show they are deficient relative to forged? I guess the real test would be if offered or converted to 10mm. Then again, even forged frames have stress cracked.

Given alloy frames are not failing right and left I wonder how stressed the frame really is in .45.

I'd still rather have forged in general, and I'm sure my question is sacrilege to 1911 purists.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    From the CZ Firearms forum.

On the 2 samples I looked at, slide to frame was good and the finish was very nice. The triggers were horrible, the bushing was not well fitted to the barrel, and the barrel link was very tight. There have been reports of very bad finish and other problems. You might get a good one, but I'd suggest you inspect it very thoroughly before you buy. I think they're over priced by at least $150 for what they are.
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?t...6065#msg526065
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Got to fondle one today at the Scheeles sporting goods store in Rapid City, S.D.
    Well finished, obviously forged frame and slide, Kansas City address.
    Very nice pistol but too expensive @ $878. Dovetailed front sight. short trigger,
    wood grips fully checkered about 20LPI. Solid piece of gear would go $700.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will be interested to learn more about these.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast